Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Koby

When I first saw the scan with all the weapons it was pretty cool. I just hope it isn't like Cloud's sword in Advent Children and locks all into one. I thought that was kind of retarded in Advent Children. LOL

There appears to be several kinds of weapons such as swords, spears, pikes, etc...

Maybe the weapon change system will be whats happening in the screenshot? I think it would be pretty cool if weapons materialized around him, would be pretty original and the PS3 can easily handle it. It would probably be kinda slow though so they could counter it by making it go all slow motion when you change weapons.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story is supposed to be darker then any other Final Fantasy. Probably one reason they didn't make it part of the main series, just part of the compilation. Do you think Final Fantasy XIII Versus could possibly be the first Mature rated Final Fantasy?

The protagonist, a mysterious young man with dark blue hair and crimson eyes. The last heir to a dynasty ruling the only remaining city in the world to control crystals, he protects his home from marauders that would conquer the city and take the crystals as their own. He wields a number of different weapons, including swords, spears, and lances, and can even induce them (telepathically or otherwise) to move in the air independently of him and form a whirling barrier around himself.

And an interview with Nomura:

-Nomura: The current plot is truly very sad. It can be said that pain is from not having any bonds, but it is also the feeling that comes from a tragic story. There will likely not be a love relationship in the story, and it there is it is not what you will imagine. (laughs) You are probably thinking that instead of love it is friendship, but that is not to say there are no female characters. Simply that the main drive of the start is bonds and the pain that accompany them. That is the true nature of pain...

-Kitase: Just now you mentioned that “FFVersusXIII” faces the challenge of being identified with the numbering. It is adventurous isn’t it. It is something that I’ve been wanting to do but has not been possible until now. With a game it is often thought to create a conclusion which can be continued. On the other hand we seldom think of how refreshing it can be to have a climax that will remain concluded.

-Nomura: After the announcement, there were many questions about the dark hero characteristic of the story, but it is not something so cool. It is not the case where the entire story and all the characters are completely dark. The story contains pain, but that is a realistic part of the expression between the characters and the hero as part of friendship. The story tells of companions who spend time together and the happiness they share each day as well as the heavy responsibilities they carry.

-Kitase: Even thought it is a tragedy, there should be some hope somewhere.

It indeed does seem to be the most darkest of them all. I actually did feel the sorrow from just watching that trailer. And the fact Nomura said that there probably won't be a love thing going on kind of throws out my idea made in the romance thread, at least the one for Versus.

This game will probably hit all sides of our emotions if done right. I foresee much death, blood, war, and betrayal in this game. I might buy a PS3 just for this game.

The trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII that was recently released featured a quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet:

"There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

My theory is what many of you will call "the bad guys" actually believe in the best for everyone. Wanting power, doesn't mean you want it for the best of the Universe. The "bad guys" may fall, but so will all - depression may be the emotion that holds the world down when it's over.

Final Fantasy XII uses this idea, if you think about it. *spoilers*

Vayne wants to help his people and unite the different countries the way the Dynast-King once did. But instead uprisings start, and he handles them incorrectly, which makes his good intentions appear to be villainous deeds.

So it could be possible right?

If you think about it, something kind of like this happened in Final Fantasy VIII too.

There was a quote about the sorceress. Irvine and Squall question the idea of the sorceress being evil. It isn't bad if she thinks she's doing the right thing.

So what do you think?

clowd iz kwel dats what i think lulz.

No. I'm not exactly sure where you are going with this though. Are you saying the soldiers at the beginning that were firing at our blue haired friend might actually think what they are doing is for the good of the people? MAybe they really think they;re helping their world/country? Or vice versa?

If that's what your getting at, you may be on to something. Perhaps in their eyes the blue haired man might be a villain to them and to him they might be the villains. :\

According to the Verse in the trailer which was from Shakesphere it basically says nothing is good or bad, it's what you think that makes it that way.

So I believe that perhaps the Soldier's are thinking what they are doing is for the best of the country, perhaps the entire world. And then the main character currently thought to be called "Storm" doesn't like what they are doing and believes they are villain's or bad people. But the soldier's see him as bad for trying to stop them from doing what they think is right.

Perhaps the soldier's are trying to do whats right, and some uprising happens, and it makes people think they are villains because of their bad reactions to the uprising? I dunno.

What you say actually makes sense, Koby. I just didn't understand what you were trying to say at first; I needed clarification.

It makes sense though, the soldier trying to get a... crystal was it? This "Storm" fellow tries stopping them and they think of him as a villain because of it. But they way they were all outside it seemed they were waiting for him, so perhaps he has some background with whoever ordered that attack? There is so much speculation you can make about the Versus storyline just by watching this trailer.

I'm guessing this "Storm" fellow, as I said before, is a prince, seeing as he is confirmed to be royalty. And maybe those soldiers are working under a man who has a past with our blue haired friend, and is trying to dethrone "Storm". And maybe this guy could be a former general, the right hand man who got greedy and wanted power, started a coup d'etat. Of course this to is speculation. There may not even be a guy. :(

But there better be. >=[

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I think I must be the only person not that thrilled about this game. I don't know why but this game has a Kingdom Hearts feeling to it. I suppose it's because of the atmosphere of the video, which was already seen in the Kingdom Hearts - Another Side, Another Story/Deep Dive trailer. But I must admit it does look good though.

I think I must be the only person not that thrilled about this game. I don't know why but this game has a Kingdom Hearts feeling to it. I suppose it's because of the atmosphere of the video, which was already seen in the Kingdom Hearts - Another Side, Another Story/Deep Dive trailer. But I must admit it does look good though.

The team who did Kingdom Hearts 2 are the team doing Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Thats why.. and they said the Final Fantasy Versus XIII would be more of an Action-RPG rather than the ordinary RPG like Final Fantasy XIII will be. I'm actually not hyped for any next-gen console or game.. everythings just too expensive for me right now.. lol.

But of the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation.. Versus is probably the one I look most forward to.

Personally though.. I'd rather see a new Grandia or Shadow Hearts than a new Final Fantasy.. :/