Any anime recommendations?

Hi everyone,

My daughter and I are big Naruto and Dragon Ball fans, My daughter is only 6 and I would love to find another good anime TV series that we can both watch and is suitable for her and is Dubbed as she cannot read fast enough. Can anyone recommend a good series ?

Thanks Scott

:dhh:

You may want to try Sailor Moon. It's a fun series for little girls, and the dub is very popular. The final season, however, is not dubbed. The series is about a group of middle school girls who fight monsters, to save people, find their princess, and more.

Another good one is Card Captor Sakura. The series is about an elementary school girl who releases demons by mistake and must fight them to restore them to the state they were in before she released them. This dub was also very popular, and should be very easy to find.

You can also try the monster genre- Digimon, Pokemon, Monster Rancher, etc. It's not a fun for the older age groups, but kids love them.

Most of the Studio Ghibli movies are great for kids. Especially My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Howl's Moving Castle has a strong war theme to it, so it may not be appropriate, but that's up to you.

Another small note: Since you stated just Dragonball in your post, I would like to throw out the fact that there are three Dragonball series that have all been dubbed into English.

Dragonball

Dragonball Z

Dragonball GT

(GT is not the greatest, but...it's a continuation)

As another note, In May of this year, Nickelodeon will be reairing the recut Dragonball Z series: Dragonball Z Kai.

Most of the animes listed above are pretty good for a 6 year old (although DBZ would be up to your discretion as there is quite a bit more violence than in the Dragonball series.)

My kids are 5, 4 and 2 1/2 and they are plenty happy watching whatever anime I put on. My oldest is a boy and of course wants to watch animes with fighting...we get a lot of him running around the house chasing his siblings and screaming "You're a hollow and I'm gonna cut you with my Bankai!" or "Scatter...this is my zanpakuto!" He only caught a few early episodes of Bleach, but he really liked it. :P

Of course all the Digimon/Pokemon type series are great because they're geared at kids. Also, I haven't watched it yet but my kids seem to catch Pretty Cure on tv alot too. :P Would seem good for a little girl. Also as was said previously, Sailor Moon, Card Captors...all of those are good for little girls. (I remember back in the day...)

My oldest is a boy and of course wants to watch animes with fighting...we get a lot of him running around the house chasing his siblings and screaming "You're a hollow and I'm gonna cut you with my Bankai!" or "Scatter...this is my zanpakuto!" He only caught a few early episodes of Bleach, but he really liked it. :P

That's so cute! Well I would say depending on how much violence and stuff you allow them to watch, Sailor Moon or abit more on the older side Bleach.

i have an almost 5 year old who is an anime junkie. she is not a fan of violence, bloodless or no so we watch rated g very girly stuff.

(i'm limiting the suggestions to fairly easy to find dubs)

if you are not opposed to your little watching more violent stuff (mine gets nightmares LOL she is a softie) then definantly check out sailor moon. just about anything from the magical girl genre will be fun for her: sailor moon, card captor sakura, magical girl lyrical nanoha, magical nyan nyan taruto, and mamotte lollipop are some cute ones that are pretty easy to find in english dub.

hare+guu is fun. so is kodomo no omocha.

anything from studio ghibli is great. ponyo and the cat returns are the favorites here right now.

more boyish are: dragon drive, ravemaster, yu yu hakeshu, eureka seven, bleach, inuyasha, hunter x hunter, oh! edo rocket, one piece, the slayers, zoids and escaflowne.

girly ones that my little adores: a little snow fairy sugar, risky safety, bottle fairy, lucky star, fruits basket, and princess tutu.

there's also mushishi, which is stand alone episodes and one of my all time favorite series... pretty mellow and enjoyable, my girl likes it even though we watch the sub (there is a dub though)

Bleach is probably your best options, it's very similar to dragon ball, but its a bit more violent with a bit more blood... Another alternative, yet again somewhat older is Full Metal Alchemist... it's dubbed, but the original anime series should be fine for a six year old @.@