Eureka Seven AO

36313.jpg

The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young.

A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. Ao launches a certain military FP called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport in his fervent desire to protect the island.

Type: TV

Episodes: Unknown

Aired: Apr 1, 2012 to ?

Producers: Bones

Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Duration: Unknown

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or olde

Ok, so this is being touted as the sequel to E7, but judging from the manga and now the anime, I'm not sure how connected this new series to the original E7 since this doesn't take place in the same world.

While the world of E7AO isn't the one from the first series, the movie showed that bridges to alternate realities exist as a result of the coral, so elements from the first E7 could be present in this new series.

Eureka Seven AO already looks like it could end up being a pretty decent series (better than the fucking movie), but hardcore fans of the first series might need to be ready to accept the fact that it's not the sequel they were hoping for.

It has already been stated from Bones that this is a true squeal to the first series.

i have to agree since i started watching this series i have seen quite a few flash backs or hints that link back to the original eureka seven, such as in episode 1

where Ao see a flashback of what seems to be his mother eureka

and episode 2 where

Ao grandfather has a flashback of his own where we see the original nirvash.

It has already been stated from Bones that this is a true squeal to the first series.

That's all fine if you ignore the fact that the world AO takes place in IS NOT the same world of the first season. That much was clear almost right away. At this point, saying this is a true squeal is like saying the movie was a true squeal.

Ao grandfather has a flashback of his own where we see the original nirvash.

That's not the original nirvash. If you look closely you'll see that it's just a colored version of the same IFO. If you don't believe me then look up pictures of either version of the original nirvash and compare to what you see in AO.

That's all fine if you ignore the fact that the world AO takes place in IS NOT the same world of the first season.

It's all the same world, except in the first season the scub coral covered the entire earth.

Remember that episode when Renton, Eureka, and the kids go beneath the layer of scub coral?

That's all fine if you ignore the fact that the world AO takes place in IS NOT the same world of the first season. That much was clear almost right away. At this point, saying this is a true squeal is like saying the movie was a true squeal.

Hmmm... I do remember reading a quote from an interview right before the manga of eureka seven ao started up a few months go asking if this was a true squeal to the first series and I do remember the answer being yes, so I really don't know what to tell you. I haven't started watching the anime just yet because I was going to wait for it to get a few episodes in so I could watch'em back to back... so I haven't seen it yet; but that does sound very odd.

It's all the same world, except in the first season the scub coral covered the entire earth.

Remember that episode when Renton, Eureka, and the kids go beneath the layer of scub coral?

No, it's not the same world. Trust me.

Hmmm... I do remember reading a quote from an interview right before the manga of eureka seven ao started up a few months go asking if this was a true squeal to the first series and I do remember the answer being yes, so I really don't know what to tell you. I haven't started watching the anime just yet because I was going to wait for it to get a few episodes in so I could watch'em back to back... so I haven't seen it yet; but that does sound very odd.

The differences between the world of E7 and E7AO are just too vast. One of those being:

2monn6w.jpg

245n3hs.jpg

The planet is also missing the green ring around it. I don't know what world this is, but it's not the one from E7.

That's not the original nirvash. If you look closely you'll see that it's just a colored version of the same IFO. If you don't believe me then look up pictures of either version of the original nirvash and compare to what you see in AO.
it seems you were right, after taking a closer look at the nirvash in the flashback it seems that it is different in some ways, also after looking at the flashback nirvash more closely i noticed that the cockpit looks like its was designed for 1 pilot instead of 2 i could be wrong.

So far it's been a major disappointment. It's like the creators didn't even watch the original series.

I can't say i agree with you on that, i know it looks like that i doesn't follow the original series, but i do find it enjoyable. i'm sure once the series goes on it might start to make sense as to how or if it ties into the original eureka seven.

• 2 months later...