One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

I started reading the manga before I watched any episodes, and I was not impressed with the art style at first. I only read the first few chapters before getting bored with it and going back to my shoujo comfort zone (lol) After about a year, I remembered it and went back and read it from the beginning again, and didn't stop reading until I'd finished (at this point it was up to just after the Enies Lobby arc) Since then I've kept up with it every week and it's my number 1 favourite manga/anime :D Still not impressed too much by the style, but because it's so simple you can pay more attention to the characters and action, so it has its plus sides too x3

• 2 weeks later...

:dhh: Mmmmmmmmmm.... where to begin.

I've been watching anime for a number of years now. What captivated me in the beginning was watching an episode of Dragonball z, around the time Cell was causing absolute mayhem. The part in particular was when Goku was about to let rip with he kameha meha (how is that spelt!??!?), then instant transmissioned straight in front of cell. I was blown away by how totally awesome that scene was; that day I went down to the shops and bought the box set of Dragonball, started my journey into anime world.

Now i believe i've watched the majority of good anime these days (Bleach, the gundams, Champloo, Ninja Scroll, Trinity Blood and Naruto to name a few), but Im afraid to say I have never watched an episode of One Peice.

However, from reading about this epic sounding anime in this forum, I reckon I'm going to have to start watching

I watched one piece for the first time when it was introduced on adult swim along with bleach.

At first it was no big thing. Then after so long funimation took over and I found I didn't like there dubbing approach I thought it took to many liberties with the story including there choice of voice actors. Not long after that it fell from adult swims graces and was taken off the air. For me it was no big. How ever after long thinking about how I liked enough in the beginning I didn't think that using funimations style was a good excuse to stop watching. I thought hell if I don't like how it is dubbed I'll just watch it subbed. Sure enough I really found I like how this turned out and I began enjoying the show a lot more that I did when it was first aired. I noticed that a lot of fans who fansubbed the show really took good care in being honest to the show. :big_smile: