One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I give One piece a 6.5/10 for the following reasons:

Storyline: 7.5/10 Though it did have a strong storyline that never got boring, it never really got OVERLEY interesting to me. Enough to keep me reading, but not enough to get addicted to it.

Art Style: 3/10 Okay, I understand that art style isn't EVERYTHING, but if I'm gonna read/watch something, I'm gonna have to like what I see. One Pieces style is just too... charicature-ish for me. Its hard for me to really get into it. Again, not much wieght is put into this factor, but it is a factor, nonetheless. If anything, at least its original.

Soundtrack: 6/10 Nice soundtrack. All I can say on that point.

Characters: 6.5/10 The characters are allright. All the females are either really annoying or slightly annoying, but I can get over that. The character devolpment is there, and I like that aspect of it. Luffy is a little too much at some points, but again, I can get over that. Overall, the characters are better than some and worse than some.

Dubbing: 5/10 I think the voices were done horribly. At first, it was almost unbearable. But, as the series went on, they got better and adjusted to the characters more. Still not the best by far, but it got average.

Overall: 6.5/10 I think, in my opinion, this is a fair rating. I am not including popularity in my rating, because this is my opinion, not everyone elses. Please no comments like "But its sooooo popular, how could you rate it so low!" Again, this is my opinion, and popularity means nothing to me. Overall, I liked it, I even am considering re-reading it, but it just didn't hook me in like other manga/anime.

Dubbing: 5/10 I think the voices were done horribly. At first, it was almost unbearable. But, as the series went on, they got better and adjusted to the characters more. Still not the best by far, but it got average.

*facepalm*

you saw the 4Kids version, didn't you? Vote not counted.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so long ago there was only one anime I loved and that was Dragonball. But when browsing on Youtube, I stumbled upon Naruto which made me discover other anime such as Bleach, Black Lagoon and Fullmetal Alchemist among many others. I lost interest in Naruto and Bleach become so shitty after the Aizen arc ended... Then I saw One Piece and decided to give it a try, my first thoughts on watching the show was "WTF... why did I decide to watch this crap when I could find something better". Luckily for me, my sister caught me watching One Piece and was interested in watching later episodes, as I was watching the anime I grew interested enough to read the manga, until I got to Arlong park arc, I realized that I fell in love with this series and now it takes the place of no.1 in my most favourite anime list. When I try to make my friends watch this I get only one response "I don't know how you could watch this shit, Naruto is way much better" and I reply " ONE PIECE IS EPIC". Okay enough with the rambling, I want to know what you guys first thought of One Piece and your opinions now.

I also started slow on One Piece, but my buddy urged me to give a it a try for a few more episodes. i have caught up on 419 episodes in 7 or 8 months (while still watching my other anime). i cant get enough of One Piece!! You just cant go wrong with supporting Luffy and the crew!! :D Hopefully one day my friends (and yours) will open their eyes and see what a good anime is...

My first thoughts were pretty simple, this is stupid, and I never watched any after the first episode. Although I hear so much praise over this anime that im curious how it gets better.. There are a ton of episodes in this series and im still not sure if I want to devote so much time to it.

My VERY FIRST thoughts were "Woooow, this anime's art style looks like complete shit." Eventually I got over it and enjoyed the manga, but lord jesus, I still think its a pretty ugly art style. But, it has a consistently interesting storyline, so I can't truly judge a book by its cover.

I just wish the cover were slightly more attractive.

Okay, time to unleash the fanboyism ...

My first thoughts? I'm not gonna lie a bit. I started watching the 4Kids "edited version". I say edited version because when it first started airing here on CN, it was dubbed into the local language which was BETTER than the english dub. I really enjoyed it all the way till the Arlong Arc (even though it severely lacked guns and blood). But the battle with Arlong was just plain LAME. There's no way you can have a battle like that and still censor all the blood and get rid of all the good dialogues. So, I quit shortly after that.

A few years later, I began surfing the net and was surprised to see that the series was still ongoing but seeing the shitty 4Kids Arlong Park Arc, I was convinced it was just another Pokemon clone.

When I joined the forums, someone asked how far One Piece had been dubbed. I checked Wikipedia and told him it was no longer being dubbed. Then I found out that it was being dubbed a SECOND time. The first one was mighty crappy version of bad edits and voice direction done by 4Kids while the newer FUNimation one was more epic.

I was still apprehensive and though I downloaded the episodes, I didn't start watching them till a month later till a member here went on about how awesome it was.

Surprised that a guy can still be interested in a "kid's cartoon", I started watching it from Episode 1. Now, this is the truth ...

Even though I knew what was gonna happen for the first few arcs, i was NOT AT ALL bored because I was now seeing scenes that had been cut, dialogues that were so awesome they hadn't been shown in the original dub, and blood, gallons and gallons of blood.

So, if a guy comes up to me and says this show has "ridiculous art" and is "childish", forgive my language, but he's a damn idiotic a******. With each arc, my interest in the show has only grown as Luffy started collecting more ships, grew stronger, got a boat, traveled the world and made new friends and enemies.

One Piece is an anime/manga that has NOT dulled with time like so many others have. So, yeah that's why i love it. It's timeless, it's ageless and it gets the blood pumping everytime.

Great series started watching it on TV in Australia but it was cut short. Can't wait to watch more. I have only watched about two seasons but from the posts here there seems to be much much more. Hope it is dubbed:dhh: The style and theme are unusual but it seems to work. In my top five series to watch..