One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

I'm in the middle of the Ice Hunter arc (just watched 329) and have to express my disappointment. The straw hats are largely out of character and don't seem to know how to use their abilities. Sanji runs from some penguins. Usopp uses hand held binoculars. Usopp doesn't snipe the bird flying away with the flag. Luffy misses with punches against weak characters.

Also, it tries to make me care about a bunch of weak pirates who's captain seems so be modeled after Gene Statwind, but has none of Gene's character.

I understand the need for filler but I really wish it kept everyone more in character. Hire some friggin' writers.

• 2 weeks later...

[279-283] Enies Lobby Straw Hat Crew Recap

Thiswasn't so bad, all things considered. The opening was the same as the first one and it basically re-capped in single or half episodes how each member joined the crew.

[326-335] Ice Hunter Arc

HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! This filler arc is a 9 episode long torture period where all of the Strawhats act out of character A LOT!

Sadly, this is an arc that can't be avoided as it's in this arc that the use of the "Soldier Dock" system is explained. You'll just have to bear through the first few episodes and then, if you've had enough, you can skip it. Personally, i regret wasting time on this one.

[382-384] Spa Island Arc

This one wasn't bad either, mainly because they were able to end it quickly. it was also really funny at times.

• 2 weeks later...