One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

• 5 months later...

so were dos 3d2Y fit ?

thanks for that list by the way koby

I'll get back to you on that later once I watch it and such.

The only question left is who does the best subs?

1-206 you're best off getting the dual-audio dvd release by DBNL as it's higher quality than the fansubs; but a better release could be done still.

207-260; HWE did dual-audio using the Japanese HDTV airings. Kaizoku did a few of the episodes in 720p but most of them were never upgraded.

261-323; ChoeyXD did dual-audio using the Japanese HDTV airings. Kaizoku and VegaPunk did fansubs in 720p though. Choey included VegaPunks subs in his release, but Kaizoku is hard-sub only.

324-377; VanillaPunk soft-subbed fansubs.

378-381; NakamaFansubs hardsubs.

382-current; Yibis Fansubs.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

So the One Piece manga is only 30 chapters ahead of the anime? Meh... I hate the pacing of the anime now, they don't even do a full chapter per episode anymore and instead have like 5+ minute recaps, and a lot of scenes just panning around... They should just put it on hiatus if they don't want to do some filler, instead of ruining it. Hell filler would be better than this because then at least the canon could be done right and not suck so bad.

Anyhow, I can't wait till Luffy's Gear Fourth is animated.

But that's gonna be another 24 to 25 episodes away at this rate... even though barely anything has happened in that span.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thirteenth 'One Piece' Movie Announced for Summer 2016
The thirteenth movie in the One Piece franchise was announced at the conclusion of Saturday's broadcast of the One Piece: Episode of Sabo TV special. The movie, which will premiere in Summer 2016, is the third under the title One Piece Film after One Piece Film: Strong World (2009) and One Piece Film: Z (2012). The 40th issue of Weekly Shounen Jump, which goes on sale on August 31, will publish commentary on the movie by mangaka Eiichiro Oda.

• Like 1

Thirteenth 'One Piece' Movie Announced for Summer 2016

The thirteenth movie in the One Piece franchise was announced at the conclusion of Saturday's broadcast of the One Piece: Episode of Sabo TV special. The movie, which will premiere in Summer 2016, is the third under the title One Piece Film after One Piece Film: Strong World (2009) and One Piece Film: Z (2012). The 40th issue of Weekly Shounen Jump, which goes on sale on August 31, will publish commentary on the movie by mangaka Eiichiro Oda.

Wow. AMAZING. Way to milk this out even further. I'm done. Not even sure if I want to watch it when it comes out...

Wow. AMAZING. Way to milk this out even further. I'm done. Not even sure if I want to watch it when it comes out...

What's wrong with having a new movie?

705+ episode series with 13 movies.

DBZ had only 291 episodes and yet had 13 movies (15 if you count the two new ones being retold in DBS).

So it's still far less movies to episode ratio in that regard.

• Like 1

Well, I mean it's not like the manga has been going that well and the anime is absolutely horrid in its pacing. I wasn't really a fan of Film Z. I preferred Strong World over it. This'll probably delay the anime even further as well. So that's always bad news.

I dunno. I'd rather them focus on keeping the overall story good rather than make some movie that usually doesn't have much affect on the bigger scope of things. It kind of deviates things from something that is already going downhill. I could just not be liking it anymore. Maybe it might be just me.

Edited by Qrazed

Well, I mean it's not like the manga has been going that well and the anime is absolutely horrid in its pacing. I wasn't really a fan of Film Z. I preferred Strong World over it. This'll probably delay the anime even further as well. So that's always bad news.

I dunno. I'd rather them focus on keeping the overall story good rather than make some movie that usually doesn't have much affect on the bigger scope of things. It kind of deviates things from something that is already going downhill. I could just not be liking it anymore. Maybe it might be just me.

I haven't been liking the anime much either. The pacing is a HUGE part of the reason, but pretty much the majority of everything after the time-skip has just been on a downhill slide. Dress Rosa has dragged on so long, and the repeated cries of desperation has grown old. It's the same thing at every stop. The island has been in despair for a long time and Luffy jumps in and saves the day. They need to move on, take down Blackbeard and find the One Piece and let the series end.

I'd also be for the anime taking a break and coming back in a year or two with a couple cours when there is enough material instead of keeping the pacing at one chapter an episode or resorting to fillers. Heck, I'd take fillers over having the canon ruined with bad pacing. At least I could skip the fillers and not have the canon experience be ruined from pacing issues.

• Like 1

I haven't been liking the anime much either. The pacing is a HUGE part of the reason, but pretty much the majority of everything after the time-skip has just been on a downhill slide. Dress Rosa has dragged on so long, and the repeated cries of desperation has grown old. It's the same thing at every stop. The island has been in despair for a long time and Luffy jumps in and saves the day. They need to move on, take down Blackbeard and find the One Piece and let the series end.

I'd also be for the anime taking a break and coming back in a year or two with a couple cours when there is enough material instead of keeping the pacing at one chapter an episode or resorting to fillers. Heck, I'd take fillers over having the canon ruined with bad pacing. At least I could skip the fillers and not have the canon experience be ruined from pacing issues.

Yeah in a perfect world, the manga would end soon and consequently the anime. One thing I would like to see is Shanks vs Luffy though. They may be kind of allies but it would be awesome to see them at least spar. I just hope Oda plans out the rest well. If he manages to conclude it nicely (whenever that'll be), then I'd be happy.

I totally agree with the break thing as well. Filler would actually do it better because the manga and anime are relatively close that I feel like it's almost 1:1. At least with filler they could maybe enhance someone's backstory or delve a little into some other characters which would be a nice touch instead of some badly animated fights that are happening recently.

TL;DR One Piece needs to get its stuff together and git gud

• 2 weeks later...

I've been really considering dropping the show due to the pacing. Absolutely nothing has happened in the past 30-40 episodes.

This episode (708) we finally see Luffy defeat Fake-Mingo and get ready to take on the real Mingo. We see Law get taken down AGAIN by Mingo, and we get more of no-progress with Pica vs. Zoro. Nothing much to say here really.

• Like 1

Well cause the anime is catching up on the manga

Actually that isn't true. The anime has been going at a one episode per chapter pace for the last couple years, so it's neither been getting closer nor farther from the manga. Though it is true that there isn't a 'huge' gap between the two. Either way a better solution would be to go on hiatus or go to filler rather than making the canon terrible due to slowing it down to almost nothing. They're pushing 5-8 minutes of content into a full 20 minute episode every week and it's just not a nice experience.

• Like 1