One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

Oh my goodness, when I stumbled across One Piece while zapping and it was during the the Captain Black arc and Kaya you know? Anyway, I had no idea what I was watching, but all I thought was "Wow. What a steaming pile of crap, who watches this?" and changed the channel. Couple weeks later I come across it again, now during the Arlong arc. I didn't even know it was the same programm since I didn't see any main characters during my first encounter. The second time I was flabbergasted, and from then on I was hooked and swiftly proceeded to buy all the mangas that were available at that time. This was a very long time ago, close to ten years! Pretty incredible.

My first experience was with watching the 4kids dub on fox. I sort of liked it, but thought it was rather silly with all of the random toy guns they were using (Pop guns? Suction darts? lol...). It also seemed to take forever to get anywhere. During the Baratie arc in particular, I couldn't believe they were stuck in that restaurant for months. At the time, I didn't really know about the anime culture on the internet (forum discussions, downloading, watching online, etc), but was inspired to do some research when One Piece was cancelled. I gave the subs a chance and learned the word "nakama." Soon after, One Piece grew to be one of my favorite shows.

Edited by Zangou

Well, if you like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Z, etc... you'll love One Piece. One Piece has a lot more dynamic plot, better character development, and actually quite the opposite of what you heard, it's aimed a possibly a higher demograph than Bleach or Naruto.

People talk about how similar Fairy Tail and One Piece is, but compared to One Piece... Fairy Tail is flat and emotionless.

One Piece is the highest selling manga in Japan, and one of the highest rated Shounen in existence. It just failed to get as big of a following in the USA because 4kids initially getting the license, ruining it, and then dropping it. FUNimation picked it up, but only aired it for a short time on TV before discontinuing the TV airing. So again, not being on TV hurt it's ratings in the USA as well.

Catching One Piece on TV all that long ago is actually what prevented me from getting into it sooner. But, I gave it a second chance years later and got sick of it one Vivi joined the crew and Luffy spent forever getting lost in the desert over and over again. Thankfully, One Piece got a third chance out of me and it is now one of my favorite anime.

Edited by Asce

What draws me about this show are the world travels. Going from one island to another and all their adventures is what appeals to me the most. Oda-san really has a big imagination hah. And the straw hats conquering and beating every single enemy they come across. My favorite character is Luffy and Usopp. Usopp is the best! His lies are just so hilarious :']

Up through the entrance to grand line was like ok this is really really cool, mainly because at the beginning you get the picture of this kid who is very goal oriented. I think you kind of lose a bit of focus on the start of the entrance to grand line, but you get some real nice detail and goals outlined before that point.

It seemed like an interesting way to present a power system without getting ridiculously overpowered.

Used to bash on One Piece whenever brought it up to me. Mainly due to I was just gettin into anime and I was on that Bleach ftw mindset. Eventually I decided to pick it up to see what all the noise was about and I was hooked. Then I made it my mission to catch up as soon as I could. That took a little less than 2 months. Now One Piece is my number 1 anime.