What Went Wrong.

Koby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I though that I was at fault here :haha:.

Well, when decided to visit some parts of forum I had no access to them, with message stating that I do not have permission to access that page... I was like: "What a ...?" Then checked my account and ... :waaaht: "Oh my God!". My "gil" only 277 and only 14 posts. I was like: :beat_brick: :beat_brick: Man, what I have done? Did I offended someone, did I do something wrong? :doubt: But then my head started working: " News, I have to read news. There must be something" And what you know! There was other problems. :dhh: Man, I was relieved. Well it is sad, that happened what happened, but as site still lives on, it is just question of time to return to normal paste. So no big deal, we will survive and things like that makes us stronger (at least people who I know like to say that).

didn't even notice it was gone. Ain't been able to get on much recently, but seriously not that big a deal....well tis a big deal, but at least koby had a recent backup for here...lol

Glad the site is ok, and like the others have said, demand freebies...bust their balls a little and see what they'll say...never know, they might just cave in...

It's okay for this to happen. Mistakes happen and that's a normal thing. My forum is hosted on Koby's server and It was reverted back to January 2012. This forum however was reverted back 10 days. It was basically my fault not doing a backup, even though Koby told me to. Everything is all cool and nothing worse happened. So cheer up people. Let's just do what we do and no more worrying :)

Unbelievable is the word I'd like use. There are no membership fees here. It's all free. If you don't like the rules in place here, then take your ball and leave. No one is forcing you to stay. Koby has done a great job and to offer up crap like that is just shameful.

Seeing people get so bent out of shape because they lost their 15 posts is rather disconcerting. I lost a sizable number of posts myself, to include my stories and commentary on other people's writing. It is a rather frustrating thing, but nothing worth getting worked up over or storming out of the forum.

And, as Ulquiorra pointed out, be thankful that the loss was only two weeks and not something drastic like two years. How many of you regularly back up your data on your computer? If you had to do a reimage on your computer or roll back to a restore point, what's your newest restore point? As I've mentioned elsewhere, it is rather unrealistic to expect a backup to be made every day--that's just obsessive. Two weeks is not horrible.

Fifteen posts is nothing. Between my writing and partaking in conversations, there's plenty to be said. There are debates to be had. Stories to share. Discussions on cars and cosplay and laundry and anything else your heart desires. To see people be so miserable over the loss of their fifteen posts, of their ability to access the downloads, is just disheartening.

And, as Ulquiorra pointed out, be thankful that the loss was only two weeks and not something drastic like two years.

lol. If it'd had been that long (no way it would ever be long long a gap in backups though) I would have opted for simply starting over fresh rather than using such an old back up.

I'm sure you recall, in the past we've started over quite a few times EO. Though that was mostly back when we had immature wannabe crackers running around exploiting holes in Invision Power Board years ago.

oh-my ... I did wonder just why things did seem a little different today ...oh-well is as is

I have a few personal things I very much need to do ...after thats settled and I bring my post count up to a level where I can "see" the downloads section and I'll simplely repost my series from last week ....thank-goodness we still have "here" left....it could have been soo much worse ....

Though that was mostly back when we had immature wannabe crackers running around exploiting holes in Invision Power Board years ago.

... And leaving the MD5 hash of your password for me to crack as the only post left on the forum.

You're really lucky to have such a near backup. And ones that weren't stored server-side, which they'd have done away with. It's amazing how resilient this forum is.

... And leaving the MD5 hash of your password for me to crack as the only post left on the forum.

You're really lucky to have such a near backup. And ones that weren't stored server-side, which they'd have done away with. It's amazing how resilient this forum is.

I tend to make personal back ups whenever I think about it, usually every 2-4 weeks. I'd been side tracked and forgotten to back up stuff since the switch back in January, though luckily March 15th I happened to make a back up, oddly though of only the forums MySQL.

But yeah. This forums been through a lot through the years and yet still going on.

Well I missed this shutdown and wasn't affected by it since I've been dealing with a family emergency for the past couple of weeks. Indeed, the day the backups were from was the same day the emergency started and took me away from this site (among others), how's that for irony. I only checked back today out of curiosity since things seem to be stabilizing (my wife's grandmother had an anurism (sp) in the artery coming out of the heart rupture, she managed to survive that long enough to make it hospital where she had major cardiac surgery with a 1 in three chance of survival, after 9 hrs under the knife...this has been keeping us preoccupied around here obviously) and this is when I found out about the lost fortnight.

Koby: I know others have said this already but you really should be getting some recompence from your provider. It would be one thing for them to lock out your account while they confirm your status of default but to jump the gun and erase all your files, well that's more than a minor hassle, especially since it was all their fault and not yours. You were clearly damaged, significantly so, and you fairly deserve some recompence from them for it and the time of yours needed to restore as much as you can. Your provider acted irresponsibly and should not be allowed to skate on it, and I hope you are able to get something back for the trouble they caused you (and your loyal followers/fans here of course, but it really is you that is the main one being harmed here IMHO)