Kid Boruto

Pokemon English Dub Discussion Thread

Nothing beats the original saga, hands down. The only problem with the 4Kids dub was that they made mistakes and never corrected them, only the last episodes of Advanced Battle got this treatment for some reason. The Hoenn dubbed saga was awful in my eyes because I noticed a change in voices and they were grating to hear. Brock sounded too girly, Team Rocket sounded too kiddy like and Ash was just, ugh. Plus, the soundtracks were... no, just no, especially this one which I despise the most.

I have recently been rewatching the anime and I am almost to the point where 4kids finished dubbing the series and the Pokemon company started. I checked out a few of the episodes to see how it is and to be honest I got the impression that the dubbing is low quality. It seriously sounds like a bad fan dub. Can anyone clear this up for me - does it get any better or should I just switch to the Japanese version?

Another small rant from me, regarding the atrocious "cold open" intros from Diamond and Pearl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UE5GA1QB9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgC7qpqCPjA

^Those are REAL cold open intros, this is NOT. No wonder there was a lot of creativity back then.

Edited by ElementalCards

^So much for promising us fans that they'd keep some or most the original soundtrack, not a few pieces... If they don't want to do that, they're better off creating new soundtracks instead of recycling 4kids' music.

I love the Pokémon Indigo League DVD boxsets. Closed captioned like the televised versions, Pikachu's Jukebox also included. Too bad the split Pokérap segments aren't included, only the extended version. What I don't understand is why the OI DVD releases got the shaft three times. They could've given those episoses the most proper treatment like the Indigo League and Johto Journeys boxsets. Oh well...

ash actually remembered non current region knowledge

dRaEUUt.png

fXN2wGk.png

9QdXfeA.png

also

saw this next part and remembered ash's problems with Charzard

GyeoIoH.png

totally thought something else was said here

CairD0M.png

Spoiler

m=b

THIS IS BULL SHIT.

Can someone explain to me why this isn't airing on Disney XD anymore?

THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. NOT EVERYONE HAS NETFLIX

I AM NOT GETTING NETFLIX. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT AND NEVER WILL.

How the hell am I expected to watch this now?

It still might, just might be delayed several weeks after it airs on Netflix. In Canada it's continuing to air in May on TV, an entire month before it starts airing on Netflix.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ashven288 said:

It still might, just might be delayed several weeks after it airs on Netflix. In Canada it's continuing to air in May on TV, an entire month before it starts airing on Netflix.

No thanks. Just air it on TV.

@CardGames You should cancel your Cable/TV and switch to streaming, it's much cheaper.

Advantage to streaming is you can cancel anytime and there are zero cancellation/early termination fees.

You can also sign up again whenever you want. Not to mention streaming sites have VAST selection of content to watch.

Say what you like about 4Kids, I've been watching the earlier seasons and as a sucker for cheesy puns I've got to respect lines like Meowth saying he's cat-atonic from Psyduck's Disable

21 hours ago, Kid Boruto said:

@CardGames What do you think about the recent Pokemon episodes?

The first couple were really good.

Then Goh started catching way too many Pokemon without actually battling them first... 😒