Pokemon English Dub Discussion Thread

Kid Ryan

I have recently been rewatching the anime and I am almost to the point where 4kids finished dubbing the series and the Pokemon company started. I checked out a few of the episodes to see how it is and to be honest I got the impression that the dubbing is low quality. It seriously sounds like a bad fan dub. Can anyone clear this up for me - does it get any better or should I just switch to the Japanese version?

Another small rant from me, regarding the atrocious "cold open" intros from Diamond and Pearl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UE5GA1QB9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgC7qpqCPjA

^Those are REAL cold open intros, this is NOT. No wonder there was a lot of creativity back then.

Edited by ElementalCards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love the Pokémon Indigo League DVD boxsets. Closed captioned like the televised versions, Pikachu's Jukebox also included. Too bad the split Pokérap segments aren't included, only the extended version. What I don't understand is why the OI DVD releases got the shaft three times. They could've given those episoses the most proper treatment like the Indigo League and Johto Journeys boxsets. Oh well...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...