Favourite Meal?

KaoclazmMJR

Favourite meal of the day?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite meal of the day?

• Breakfast
    • Lunch
    • Dinner
    • Other (mid morning snack, bedtime snack, etc)
    • I don't have a favourite meal

• 10 months later...

I like dinner, but I like to prepare it a little early so I can angst about the dishes, because invariably I end up using every dish in the apartment to make spaghetti or something. Well, I don't make spaghetti, that's usually Java. Every other terrible concoction that comes out of that kitchen is mine.

I have a bad habit of not eating regularly, so it's hard to pick a favourite meal. It's been that way since I was wee, since growing up we'd never really have anything in the fridge except water. Bologna (the cheapo round slices) used to be a luxury for me, haha. I also used to eat a lot of cheese, or at least I think I did. Dunno what happened there.

• 2 months later...

Dinner, simply because it was the only meal of the day my family ever spent any time working on. Breakfast was two bits of toast when i was little that progressed into two crumpets as i got older (and sang a little song about liking crumpets with my dog) and a coffee, to now i only have a coffee of a morning.

Lunch was either skipped or i had something non substantial like crackers or whatever the lunch place was serving at the time. then i suppose i got to the point where i wasn't even awake for lunch time.

Dinner however has always been something of a big deal, the family got together and dinner was made to be a proper meal. My mum would have been preparing dinner in one way or another since midday (whether that be putting the big ass roast on so it was ready in time, to cooking the rice so it can rest and drain properly by the time it was supposed to be served) which mean every dinner was a big deal.

Since moving out of home, dinner is still the only meal i really give a great deal of thought to, unless of course i am up at a decent hour in order to have lunch, and even then it's usually only something small like a couple of sandwhichs or a roll. I spend hours after getting home to prepare dinner (like my mum did) and make sure that i am feeding dart something yummy everyday.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know so many different dishes that is quite hard to choose a favourite meal.  But, If i was on death row and given a last meal i would ask for the following to be served on a very large plate:

blueberry muffon

ongiri with tuna

fryed noodles

a bowel of my home made been soup and a large slice of wheat bread and a glass of mead.