Favourite Meal?

KaoclazmMJR

Favourite meal of the day?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite meal of the day?

• Breakfast
    • Lunch
    • Dinner
    • Other (mid morning snack, bedtime snack, etc)
    • I don't have a favourite meal

Hey guys so the title is pretty self-explanatory what is your favourite meal of the day and what does that meal consist of?

For me it is:

Breakfast

Which usually consists of a 8-10 egg omelette, a cup (~3 packs) of oatmeal, a glass of skim milk, vanilla yoghurt, all natural peanut butter, all bran cereal, a banana, liquified vegetables, fish oil, a multivitamin and glucosamine pills.

Sometimes I will have something else but this is my usual breakfast, what do you guys like to eat?

I would definately have to say that dinner is my favourite meal, just because I normally feel more creative after doing a day of boring work and daydreaming the whole time. So I get to make a whole bunch of interesting dishes. There is no specific dish that I have, another great thing about dinner is the variety. It is normally some kind of meat dish, some kind of potatoe/rice/wheat product side, and some kind of vegetable. Also, I make my best deserts for dinner :P

I would definately have to say that dinner is my favourite meal, just because I normally feel more creative after doing a day of boring work and daydreaming the whole time. So I get to make a whole bunch of interesting dishes. There is no specific dish that I have, another great thing about dinner is the variety. It is normally some kind of meat dish, some kind of potatoe/rice/wheat product side, and some kind of vegetable. Also, I make my best deserts for dinner :P

That sounds great!

Do you live alone or do you cook for your gf/spouse as well?

That sounds great!

Do you live alone or do you cook for your gf/spouse as well?

Sadly alone, although I do cook with my friends a decent amount. Its more fun to cook with people, then you get to create even more exciting dishes. I am actually starting to write what we call the "god food cook book", where everything is made of bacon, meat, and spices galore.

My favorite depends on the day... Days I work... It's gotta be lunch. Because dinner happens too late on those nights. Days off, it's dinner.

We use many of the same dishes for either lunch, or dinner. Depending on the night. But we almost never cook it the exact same way. Usually we start as basic as possible. No boxed dinner bullshit. Make it from scratch and customize the spices ^_^

Meat and potatoes becomes steak sandwiches with buttered baked potatoes instead of bread. Or mashed potatoes on top of bread witch cheese and steak between them.

Mac and cheese becomes cheesy bacon mac. Or nacho bacon dip with tortilla chips. Or cheesy taco filling, spoon a bit over a mix of good ground beef and diced Bacon bits (Fresh, not from the salad shaker thingy.) add some lettuce, tomatoes, maybe a bit of salsa (home made is best) Mmmmmm.....

Just a couple examples. But I think you get the idea. If you're not afraid to experiment, cooking and eating becomes a whole new pleasure.

I think the meal that I enjoy the most is probably breakfast. What I usually eat is: A peanut butter protein pancake (put peanut butter in a bowl and melt it in the microwave, mix in an egg and some protein powder, cook in a pan), 3-4 eggs, some sausage, a cup of broccoli, and 3-4 cups of water.

My lunch and dinner are pretty boring because I don't know how to cook lol It's usually some boring piece of meat with a little seasoning and some vegetables.

Breakfast

Which usually consists of a 8-10 egg omelette, a cup (~3 packs) of oatmeal, a glass of skim milk, vanilla yoghurt, all natural peanut butter, all bran cereal, a banana, liquified vegetables, fish oil, a multivitamin and glucosamine pills.

Why do you eat so much for breakfast? D:

Really don't have a favorite meal time hence I chose other. I try eating at least 2 full course meals that are decently sized, but its real difficult with working a night schedule.

Ya I hate when my schedule affects my meals. Like last night I was at school until 1:00 am working in the observatory on an upper year astrophysics assignment and I couldn't fit in 2 of my 7 meals.

Sometimes you gotta just work around that, ya?

Ya I hate when my schedule affects my meals. Like last night I was at school until 1:00 am working in the observatory on an upper year astrophysics assignment and I couldn't fit in 2 of my 7 meals.

Sometimes you gotta just work around that, ya?

basically, usually when i work on a night schedule i start making food just due to the nature that no fast food joints are readily available (which is a good thing in my opinion). But at the same time; my job requires me to sit the entire time which could last 10 hours. So basically I have to prep my food before hand and nuke it when i am work (yum microwave radiated water molecules) or resort in the death grill we have at work. What i mean by that is that they pretty much deep fry a lot of the food ; so basically eating fast food.

basically, usually when i work on a night schedule i start making food just due to the nature that no fast food joints are readily available (which is a good thing in my opinion). But at the same time; my job requires me to sit the entire time which could last 10 hours. So basically I have to prep my food before hand and nuke it when i am work (yum microwave radiated water molecules) or resort in the death grill we have at work. What i mean by that is that they pretty much deep fry a lot of the food ; so basically eating fast food.

Ya its usually a good idea to skip out on the fast food, especially if you have a figure to consider (if not only for the heath benefits).

Good for you for not choosing the easy path.

• 2 weeks later...
You say meal as though I ever stop slamming food down my gullet. I eat constantly. I have a problem.

You might think that's a bad thing but studies (and first hand knowledge by me) have proven that spreading one's meals out over the course of the day keeps one's metabolism at higher levels resulting in less hunger spikes and less subcutaneous fat buildup.

That is if you are keeping your calories/nutrition at an appropriate level :P

Easily Dinner. I'm used to not having much time to even eat breakfast and I'm so used to not being able to afford lunch I rarely eat it now even though I now have money to buy it. Although I do sometimes have breakfast for dinner, which is quite good with hashbrowns, eggs, and toast. Snack would be a close second but a snack is just that to me, a snack, I don't really count it as a meal.