What did you have for Dinner?

Shazi

HA HA HA! If I could I would give you like 10 Likes for that post alone it's so true.

Everyone's always like free food huh that sound's great. But it's just terrible one time I actually ordered pizza for a friend cause he was about to eat the pork rib MRE in my room and I was all like action hero "NNNNOOOOOO!!!!" and slapped it out of his hands. "I will order you dominoes you will not eat that cat poo!"

• Like 1

I only ever had to eat MREs once and that was warrior week at basic. I've heard some horror stories, so I count myself lucky I didn't end up with any of the gross ones, haha. And I guess we had a problem with people just straight up switching MREs without asking??? Like sneaking into people's stuff at night and taking their food????

I remember we were eating lunch on some bleachers and some poor sap at the top of the bleachers dropped their MRE???? And no one helped them get their food, so they sat there for the five minutes we were given to stuff our faces desperately hungry.

I think a cheesesteak is just some caramelised onions, mushrooms, chipped steak, and some cheese (Cheeze Whiz preferable, but provolone okay too). And then put it on a bread. Italian, hoagie, French baguette.

Since you are not in Philly, the chances of you getting an "authentic" Philly cheesesteak is slim. Because you are not in Philly. It's very complicated, you see.

• Like 2

I think a cheesesteak is just some caramelised onions, mushrooms, chipped steak, and some cheese (Cheeze Whiz preferable, but provolone okay too). And then put it on a bread. Italian, hoagie, French baguette.

Since you are not in Philly, the chances of you getting an "authentic" Philly cheesesteak is slim. Because you are not in Philly. It's very complicated, you see.

Hmm thankyou for the basic recipe and yeah verry low chances lol

You gotta bring the spirit of Philidaelphia with you. I love those pensyltuckians recipe's. But most of all I think I have to go with authentic New York style Bistro pizza. The way it melts and move's and taste's :hguit5: .

Aww man, throw in some breadsticks with a ice cold beer and I'll just sit and enjoy myself for at least an hour.

• Like 1

Haha, well, I've never lived anywhere long enough to really care about local cuisine, so my assertion about "authentic" sandwiches was largely facetious. Because I am a child of the world, you see.

Java and I had leftover pasta for dinner last night. I figure since my roommate ate two packs of Ramen, I did not need to feed him, haha.

They are acting like they are starving, but I'm pretty sure the level of food we have in the apartment is the same as it's always been.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's kinda nice to see this topic! ...because I worked really hard to make today's dinner.. really hard. :)

I made croquettes, and it took a lot of time and effort to make them from scratch--much more than I expected. Well, it paid off, but... Next time, I would just take out my blender to mince my veggies and stuff. That would sacrifice some good texture/mouthfeel, but I don't really think I would ever make the fillings all by hands. Phew!!

• 4 weeks later...