Which would you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360?

asassin06

its good to have all 3 systems ^_^ ill say one thing here that i said in another post for ps3 vs 360. it matters on what kind of gamer u are, if ur more in2 FPS,Shooters, and online gaming go with xbox360. if ur more in2 RPGs, and unique style of games with free online play then go with ps3. also to me i use my ps3 for more then just games, i have full animes on it and lots of pics as well, that's just something the xbox doesn't rly let u do.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually my second attempt to reply (make that my 3rd attempt) so it won't be as nicely put together as the first time since I can't remember it word for word. (I was logged in & then was apparently logged out while I was typing) But here goes anyway...

I own all three current gen systems (they're not the next-gen anymore, imho) because I like to support the gaming industry as a whole. If I could choose one and only one system it would hands-down, no contest have to be the PS3.

It's overall more reliable & while it took some time for the PS3 library to catch up - it has finally done so and impressively at that. I own two 60GB consoles so backwards compatibility is a non-issue for me. Everything I've tried to play has worked, from the obscure to the mainstream of the PSX and PS2 libraries. I have quite a large and varied collection and therefore have a good sample base to work with.

The 360 *still* hasn't updated compatibility for some of my original Xbox games & it's been out for how long now? Not to mention, I've already had to replace my 360 twice due to faulty hardware while my most heavily used PS3 is a launch day console & my second PS3 was acquired during the 60GB clearance to make room for the 80GB model. I disagree with the decision to remove backwards compatibility with the newer systems though & can understand the drawback it's become for those who own them.

What's sad is that we can't even play our 360 heavily because it's so loud (and gets progressively louder the longer you play) & gets so hot that we have to be concerned about it crapping out on us again, especially since it's out of warranty now. The 360 has turned out so bad I'm seriously considering not ever buying another Xbox console.

Yes, the PS3 is also out of warranty, but you know what? It's still working & has never given us a problem so I don't have to worry that it'll up and die at any moment. In fact, my original Xbox has never given me a problem. Go figure it's successor is such a brick.

I do feel that the 360 provides a better online service, but the online communities on both are about the same caliber.

Then there's the odd man out - the Wii. I love my Wii's, I really do. They're cute , they're fun, they give a different type of gaming experience & provide an outlet to get your first party title fix. While I love them, they're just not on par with either of the two heavyweights. I'd like to see them try just a little harder in the next round.

So there ya go, if I'm down to one system it's the PS3. Reliable hardware, ever growing library, built-in BluRay functionality, and I much prefer the good ol' DualShock to the behemoth 360 controller.

PS3 all the way. i've been a loyal sony owner since the PS, and thats when crash bandicoot, metal gear solid, resident evil were being released. i have to say the blue ray player is it's greatest asset next to it's processor, im curious to see how they can improve on either. though ive been impressed even surprised before

I own a PS2 and PS3.. gave away my old PS1 but i did have it! playstations are the bomb.. but some games series like nartuo just dont cut it for me when they go from Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4(PS2) to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm(PS3).... personally NarutoUN4 was better content wise while Naruto NS had better graphics... point is i love my ps3 BUT they need to work alot harder at the games they are creating for it than they are.. i mean jeez superman returns for ps2 was better than some ps3 games.. they say its soooo much harder to make games for ps3 than ps2.. well they need to take there fricking time and make better quality games....

I also have a Wii but not very many games for it.. Wii Fit is great for excercise..its way more of a workout than even taking an hour walk in 20 minutes..and a few other games like the Naruto series and some Harvest Moon but graphics and content quality needs alot of work and tbh Wii's may be "cute" and more than 1 dozen games look like a 2-3d version of a 8 year old cartoon, but that kinda makes them seem more for kids(even though they are fun for all ages) anyway ps3 is my favorite for now

I own a PS2 and PS3.. gave away my old PS1 but i did have it! playstations are the bomb.. but some games series like nartuo just dont cut it for me when they go from Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4(PS2) to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm(PS3).... personally NarutoUN4 was better content wise while Naruto NS had better graphics... point is i love my ps3 BUT they need to work alot harder at the games they are creating for it than they are.. i mean jeez superman returns for ps2 was better than some ps3 games.. they say its soooo much harder to make games for ps3 than ps2.. well they need to take there fricking time and make better quality games....

I also have a Wii but not very many games for it.. Wii Fit is great for excercise..its way more of a workout than even taking an hour walk in 20 minutes..and a few other games like the Naruto series and some Harvest Moon but graphics and content quality needs alot of work and tbh Wii's may be "cute" and more than 1 dozen games look like a 2-3d version of a 8 year old cartoon, but that kinda makes them seem more for kids(even though they are fun for all ages) anyway ps3 is my favorite for now

well dood there's ur problem, ur playing anime games and using them as a reference to how good other games are for the PS3, and PS2. anime games are the worst type of games to ever do that with, cuz the ppl making them don't care about ruining the anime all they care about is making money. most anime games in my opinion suck, the only ones ive been in2 are some of the DBZ ones back on PS2. try games like Demons souls or KZ2 for PS3, im sure you can get in2 at lest one of those maybe anyway lol

its hard to pick which is best...ps3 free online and all the web stuff but then again 360 i feel the online is better with all the games its has also 360 looks better then ps3 on some games but ps3 you would need the HDMI cable for it to look its best and not all Tv's have the port for it but if it does it blows 360 out the building....end of the day i bought both but i work hard enough to do that and not everyone can do that

I personally like ps3 better just because it is more reliable then xbox for not breaking and is quieter. But xbox has some really good titles all for themselves as well.

aha But thats where people are wrong. You see talking about the breaking reliablity of 360 and ps3. I work in a shop that sells tv shit and other stuff i wont go into, but we also get a lot of repairs and used to get mods. but with repairs i see a lot more ps3's comeing through for repair fromt the yellow light of death.(3 red rings on 360). I dont know why but we used to get more 360's. this problem is caused by it over heating and the some other stuff.

Any way i rambeld on there a little bit. I prefer xbox 360 any way but only because i was a cheapskate when the came out and ps3 was so much more expensive. Plus all my mates have 360's and so now we all vs each other on cod mw2 and will wont stop untill black ops. Can't wait.

360 ftw