Which would you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360?

asassin06

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working at a video game retail store I get this question a lot. Which should I buy? It's really hard to give them a straight answer. Always the first question, is what system do your friends have? If they've all got PS3's get a PS3, if they've all got 360's get a 360.

If you have no friends, well, do you watch a lot of movies? You get a blu-ray built in with the PS3. Online is free, granted it's not even expensive on 360. The majority of games are on both systems at this point, with Sony having more unique exclusives releasing. Do you like Halo, Gears or Fable? No? Then don't get a 360. You like all those games? Get a 360. You like Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc? You like all those? Get a PS3.

At this point there is no system that is just purely better than another. It really comes down to what games do you like to play? And really, what system do you friends have?

• 3 weeks later...

I own both.

Both have good games.

Ps3 can push better graphics, although not many people make games for the ps3. They are all made using the xbox platform then ported to the ps3 which is why most games play better on the xbox.

Basically, im not a fan boy. Im a gamer. Both systems do what i want it to do. Play games.

Other than that i like the free psn although right now its down haha.

the PS3 controller is too small for my big manly hands.

HOWEVER, I am on my sixth 360 so I don't really favour either side. Achievements are nie though.

P.S My dad ripped my 360 open when the disc tray jammed so that he could get his dvd out. I wondered why I hadn't seen it for so long....until I found it in about four seperate pieces. His reply was 'nah, its still good'. Fortunately my brother had an 360 elite so I use that instead.

I perfer Xbox360. I have both PS3 and Xbox360. I perfer the Xbox360 because -

1. Better exclusive games . . . that I perfer

2. the Xbox360 controller is insanely comfortable for me . . . much more than the PS controller

3. better online support

4. most of my friends are on LIVE and not PSN

5. better media (custom video and audio files) support for me anyways

6. Although I don't care for either the Kinect or Move, I'd definetly pick Kinect over Move.

7. I don't buy Blu-ray ... so whatever

8. I perfer using my laptop or desktop as a browser ... so whatever