PS3 vs. Xbox

idl12

PlayStation 3.

Online is better, Online is free, less n00bs, Blu-ray, higher quality video, higher quality sound, better exclusives, controller is shaped to fit your hands more comfortably, and comes pre-installed with wi-fi capabilities.

What the hell? Why take yours if they already have one?

Gee wiz, I own a PS3 and I guess I take all these things for granted! The more notable advantage (IMHO) is the controller. I just feel the one with Xbox has awkward buttons and sticks that are not comfortable to grip. But of course Xbox owners would disagree because it's all about getting use to.:happy:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3.

If you compare the specs side-by side, PS3 is equal or better in all. Especially blu-ray.

PS3 looks better imo.

Ppl that have xbox choose xbox, ppl that have ps3 choose ps3, ppl that have both choose ps3. 2/3 ps3 wins.

PS3 can communicate with psp and psvita. I think psvita can even let you turn on your ps3 at home and play a game on it from anywhere in the world.

50% of Xboxes break within the first year, while only 10% of PS3s do

xbox is microsoft. And although Im a windows user, most other geeks prefer non-windows OS. Just throwing in this random fact :P

Also, the only reasons why xbox is so popular is cause it was released first(thus with older technology) and cheaper. If you have to choose one as a gift, that doesn't matter anymore.

But personally, I just don't like the xbox cause playstation was the industry leader by far till they shoved in. Kinda feels like they're wannabees. (Just my opinion). Also, there are rumours floating about that the next gen xbox will be as good as the ps3, forcing sony to bring out a make-shift ps4 just to stay in the compitition. This goes against Sony's history of major improvements per generation.

Hmmm for me I would go for the ps3. Knowing what I know now that is. The ps3 is actually more affordable then the 360. To get actual hd for 360 costs about 60 bucks for specialty adapters, to get more hard drive spaces cost about 100. Ps3 hd, 5 dollars any hd cord will do. As for hard drives space I just plug in any external hard drive from my computer in and bam. That and most of the games that came out for 360 came out for ps3.

PlayStation 3.

Online is better, Online is free, less n00bs, Blu-ray, higher quality video, higher quality sound, better exclusives, controller is shaped to fit your hands more comfortably, and comes pre-installed with wi-fi capabilities.

Now i cant be assed getting in an arguement here, but PSN is far worse in terms of noobs and treatment compared to XBL. Both obviously have their fair share of them, but PSN seems saturated every time i go, so i can't agree with you there.

Not all my friends have one, tis an over exaggeration. Plus, I do take my Xbox (or xboxs depending on the group) to friends houses even if they do have one, so we can system link and let more folks play.

PlayStation 3.

Not if you have big man hands like mine:( The ps3 controller gives me cramps and feels too small.

Not if you have big man hands like mine:( The ps3 controller gives me cramps and feels too small.

I've got big hands.

Now i cant be assed getting in an arguement here, but PSN is far worse in terms of noobs and treatment compared to XBL. Both obviously have their fair share of them, but PSN seems saturated every time i go, so i can't agree with you there.

Not all my friends have one, tis an over exaggeration. Plus, I do take my Xbox (or xboxs depending on the group) to friends houses even if they do have one, so we can system link and let more folks play.

I haven't ran into any very many n00bs in any game I've played on the PS3.

I've got big hands.

I haven't ran into any very many n00bs in any game I've played on the PS3.

Must just be my luck I suppose. But playing FIFA and pro evo is the worst expereance I've ever had with online gaming. Almost as bad as playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on hardcore with a bunch of preadolescent froggies.......urgh.

I did notice though, that most shooters on the PS3 seem to have a bit more of a mature fan base. Obviously there was the usual little screechers, but in general was good. Just seems to be everything else... :/