Irish is closing shop.

Irish

I was with a GFX Forum before I signed up here and if you didn't have the same style as them you weren't considered good and everything you made was just plain terrible.

That's my point. Every single GFX community I've ever joined has that retarded mindset.

GFX is art. Art should be about originality and user style.

It should not be, use this damn style or we'll run you down n00b.

"Too friendly" is a complaint I've heard before about this forum, and I admit that, on my part, it's the result of being told too many times to sit on it because I don't make graphics and therefore don't have the right to put forth any critique. I've also been taught not to critique something without offering a solution and that art is largely subjective, so I'm often left at a loss. There are times where I see something I don't like, but am unsure what alternatives I can offer or what exactly I don't like about it.

I have seen lots of asskissing and non-critiques on DeviantArt, whether it's a work of high or low quality. Perhaps I don't see the critiques because they are done outside of the comments of the artwork. But I've not heard many good things about DeviantArt regardless.

Sorry to see you stop Irish, you were really good in my opinion (I would of given more feedback, but that's not really my place not being knowledgeable in the area myself) . Not sure if that means much coming from me either, I just like to draw casually (sketch/scan), and sometimes color with my tablet. Honestly though, I am glad to see this place is overly encouraging, I see no true progress in completely degrading someones work. I hope this place stays the Hallmark of nice people.

Art is a way to express ourselves as an Indvidual not be sheep of the masses.

If someone says your a noob instead of being honest and constructive then they're not worth thinking about twice , nor their opinions. TBH, How can you value someone that goes around calling people noobs seriously. I wouldn't give any thought to it.

Haters are gonna hate because it so easy to be a internet gangster behind a screen thus putting people down makes them feel better about themselves or should I say not have to think about the many shortcoming that they really have in their tiny small minded existences.

This is the friendliest place for GFX but sometimes its "Too Friendly".

Hmm...yes, I've noticed it as well. I don't know what your version of "Too Friendly" is, but from my perspective, I get the feeling that people comment on gfx in an untruthful way. Now, I'm not saying that's what happens, but honestly, I would rather have someone tell me "I don't like it" or "you should improve this or that", than "It's great. I like it" or "Looks good". You know, something to make you progress, to make you learn what you need to learn. My ideal is that I'm never going to be a pro at anything because I'm always learning something. Just because you started on gfx, that doesn't mean you can't give good critique or make any good sigs or art or whatever. I too was a victim of that. I remember joining a gfx forum where everything I did was given a 5/10 or nothing at all. When I posted something that fell to "their" guidelines, I got a 8/10 or 10/10. Then I realized I was just doing the sigs to please people rather than freely making them for fun. But I did learn a lot of things...

Having pro level around doesn't mean a site isn't right for GFX? Shit that's got to be a stupid thing to say. If people do it here and enjoy doing it here then it's the right site for GFX for them. Honestly, having people around with an elitist attitude doesn't make something right for it. It's just makes it a site full of douchbag dickheads who think they are the best shit since slice bread.

This place is good for it because people are generally warm, friendly, don't restrict things ridiculously, don't consider themselves better then others because well I'm Pro level. And it lets people improve at their own pace without feeling pressured.

Also, apologizing before saying something rude doesn't make it better. Actually it makes it worse. "Hey, sorry I'm gonna be a dickhead asshole here, but..." Yeah, you sound more like a dickhead asshole when you do things like that, and its worse when you know the thing is going to be an insult on almost everyone's abilities.

...you know...that really depends on one's view of what pro is. One person can say, "man, your so good" while another "elitist" says, "your work is terrible". I think the point here is that everyone starts in gfx, but some are more experienced than others, and by that I mean, they've learned a lot and have had time to practice, but when they start adapting that shithead attitude of theirs, forcing new learners to do what they want, then it becomes a problem. I say, "Go screw yourself, I'll do what I want"...

...and that's what I like about the GFX here in the forums, no one is rushing you, you can receive critique when needed, and like you said, you can relax and not feel pressured to do anything. Then there's the matter of other things outside the forum, like your daily life that comes into play, but that's another thing...

After showing my girlfriend my sigs and digital arts collection, she wants me to get back into making some more sigs, for the fact that shes thinks "They are beautiful and you shouldn't stop doing them." So here in a couple of days I guess I will be making more sigs and posting them here again.

Eh, if she likes it, that's all that matters I guess. expect to see some shit from me.

After showing my girlfriend my sigs and digital arts collection, she wants me to get back into making some more sigs, for the fact that shes thinks "They are beautiful and you shouldn't stop doing them." So here in a couple of days I guess I will be making more sigs and posting them here again.

Eh, if she likes it, that's all that matters I guess. expect to see some shit from me.

Your previous works have had me astounded at how good a GFX artist you are! Sure not everyone is going to like some pieces but as I always say "To each his/her own". To me it just seems you need to find that GFX spark again, so im hoping that these next few pieces you create will ignite something inside of you.