Irish is closing shop.

Irish

Not that any attention gets paid to them anymore, but I am no longer doing GFX and will not make anything else. If I do make a new sig, it will just show up as my sig and not for CnC...

But it seems that as of late, I have grown tired of it and I can't seem to get any feed back on it. So for now I am done making GFX.

Eh, thanks. I just work too much and seem to have less and less time to do it. Maybe I will get back into it one day, but I will still be around here and on the forums.

I get where you're coming from. The same goes for me, with work and college classes I only get time to do wallpapers and sigs every other week or so. It's good though, that you'll still be here.

i know how you feel Irish, i have slowed down my gfx work from lack of feedback, as well as things like my laptop overheating when i try to make something and lack of inspiration.

Thanks. It just sucks when you don't get anymore feedback to see if you need to do something else or what. Plus Programming all day, I have lost inspiration to continue to do it.

Eh, never know, I might get back in to it soon. never know...

I kind of feel like I'm in the minority for not being artistically inclined, but it likely is because most of the active members do make graphics. It is interesting you say that this isn't the forum for graphics, but there's been a section for graphics since I've been a member and never heard anyone say that until now. The vast majority of registered members may not make graphics, but that doesn't mean this isn't the place for it.

I didn't mean it like that, everyone here just say "WOW THAT'S A REALLY GOOD SIG" what kind of CnC is that? If you want to improve than you gotta also accept the fact that it looks bad or needs improving, also people should be more honest with themselves when posting CnC for others. Just because you don't want to be rude, doesn't mean that you can't be honest. And another thing, I know I'm going to sound rude (so my apologies in advance), but there isn't that many pro level artist here, I don't know if I can even say pro at best (maybe I'm blinded because I know too may good GFX artists).

I quit hanging out at any so called 'pro' graphics communities because every one's work is the same at those types of places. If you don't spam C4D's like nutz then you get screamed at for being a n00b. You MUST stick to their single style of graphics and that's retarded. Graphics is about originality and user styles. It's not about who can use the most C4D's and everyone adhering to a single style of work.

Having pro level around doesn't mean a site isn't right for GFX? Shit that's got to be a stupid thing to say. If people do it here and enjoy doing it here then it's the right site for GFX for them. Honestly, having people around with an elitist attitude doesn't make something right for it. It's just makes it a site full of douchbag dickheads who think they are the best shit since slice bread.

This place is good for it because people are generally warm, friendly, don't restrict things ridiculously, don't consider themselves better then others because well I'm Pro level. And it lets people improve at their own pace without feeling pressured.

Also, apologizing before saying something rude doesn't make it better. Actually it makes it worse. "Hey, sorry I'm gonna be a dickhead asshole here, but..." Yeah, you sound more like a dickhead asshole when you do things like that, and its worse when you know the thing is going to be an insult on almost everyone's abilities.

>pro level

If pro level means spamming C4D everywhere' date=' I'd gladly [i']never be ~~*pro*~~

Graphics aren't about OMG AM I A PRO YET You're crossing a line into condescension, bro.

I quit hanging out at any so called 'pro' graphics communities because every one's work is the same at those types of places. If you don't spam C4D's like nutz then you get screamed at for being a n00b. You MUST stick to their single style of graphics and that's retarded. Graphics is about originality and user styles. It's not about who can use the most C4D's and everyone adhering to a single style of work.

That's not entirely true, C4Ds aren't everything and plus I know a few GFXers that barely uses any (so you guys are stereotyping people). Put it this way if you consider yourself a pro at GFX, most cases you're wrong. Most GFX artist I know are always modest about their skills, even though they are really good they never brag about it or say they are pro. They always say "I am just average, still lots more to learn". In my opinion that's what makes you pro, having the desire to learn more and improving on your skills.

Having pro level around doesn't mean a site isn't right for GFX? Shit that's got to be a stupid thing to say. If people do it here and enjoy doing it here then it's the right site for GFX for them. Honestly, having people around with an elitist attitude doesn't make something right for it. It's just makes it a site full of douchbag dickheads who think they are the best shit since slice bread.

This place is good for it because people are generally warm, friendly, don't restrict things ridiculously, don't consider themselves better then others because well I'm Pro level. And it lets people improve at their own pace without feeling pressured.

Also, apologizing before saying something rude doesn't make it better. Actually it makes it worse. "Hey, sorry I'm gonna be a dickhead asshole here, but..." Yeah, you sound more like a dickhead asshole when you do things like that, and its worse when you know the thing is going to be an insult on almost everyone's abilities.

First of all, please don't assume I said those things (you're being quite rude) I never even suggested it. All I tried to imply was the fact there isn't a many good GFX artists on here to give proper CnC and tips on how to improve. I agree on the fact that this place is warm and friendly, but like I said before if people want to improve they should accept bad comments and people who CnC other people's GFX stuff should be more honest about the fact it's bad or needs improving (you can't always say "It's the best sig ever" just because you don't want to be mean, how can a GFX artist ever improve?). There isn't any pressure in improving and posting honest opinions won't pressure a GFX artist to improve (unless you're being a real dickhead).

I LOL at the last paragraph, so you're suggesting I should not say sorry? I was genuinely sorry, since after all I do know quite a few GFX artists on here. If I must say sorry again, then sorry for being an "asshole", all I'm just trying to say is that people shouldn't be so stubborn about bad comments. Because after all it is the best way to learn. You know what they say, "You learn from your mistakes and improve upon it".

That's not entirely true, C4Ds aren't everything and plus I know a few GFXers that barely uses any (so you guys are stereotyping people). Put it this way if you consider yourself a pro at GFX, most cases you're wrong. Most GFX artist I know are always modest about their skills, even though they are really good they never brag about it or say they are pro. They always say "I am just average, still lots more to learn". In my opinion that's what makes you pro, having the desire to learn more and improving on your skills.

I wasn't sterotyping. I was being serious.

The last 'pro' gfx community I was apart of was all like 'WHY U NO USE C4D?'

When I used C4D I got perfect ratings, when I didn't it was all like 1/10.

Not a single 'pro' tried anything different. Everyone used the exact same style of spamming C4D.

That forum is now no longer in existence I believe, but at one point is was where everyone I knew who was into graphics was a member of. I can't even remember the name of it, but I was in a gfx club called .Xide which is where I also how I got the name .ChaoXide back then.

Show me a 'pro' community where they don't spam the same style.

Show me a 'pro' community where they don't spam the same style.

Again not to be bluntly obvious, Deviantart is one community my friends say it's the best for CnC. I don't really know any GFX forums nor I care about joining any. That forum you mention sounds like a stupid community, each GFX artists have their own style which that's what I like.

Again not to be bluntly obvious, Deviantart is one community my friends say it's the best for CnC. I don't really know any GFX forums nor I care about joining any. That forum you mention sounds like a stupid community, each GFX artists have their own style which that's what I like.

dA is gay.

They removed all my works because one jealous artist reported me and stated I used copyrighted images. Well duh, anime images are copyright, but everyone uses them, but rather than do nothing about the gay report, or take down every single members work, they decided to only remove my entire archive and told me not to upload anymore works.