Panty Stocking and Garterbelt...?

Baka

So I haven't watched it, though from what I've seen it seems more like a big joke that shouldn't be taken seriously, though I've seen a few reviews where all people do is bash it...So I was curious my dear Kametsu family, what is/was your opinion of the anime??

Also in my February or April issue of OtakuUSA they said that it kind of resembled "Dirty Pair" an older anime...?? I haven't seen this one either //shot. But yeah...

I want to know your opinion on this topic, is it at all worth it?? I was considering watching it but I don't want to waste my time...:beat_brick:

It is totally worth watching this anime, even though I almost dont want to call it an anime. It is basically designed to troll those who watch and apreciate anime, due to many features. Basically, it is pure comic genius mixed into a sea of sex, shit, semen, and swearing with a pinch of lingerie and violence. You get a real feel for all the characters and their many quirks.

As for the art style, this is what actually makes it even more unique. So take power puff girls. Now make them violent and fighting lava monster things. Now make them suddenly erotic anime characters who pole dance to turn lingerie into weapons. Now back to cartoons killing stuff. And then a classic power rangers monster explosion.

So I would reccomend a watch, since it is quite funny. And as an added bonus, the music is quite catchy

It is totally worth watching this anime, even though I almost dont want to call it an anime. It is basically designed to troll those who watch and apreciate anime, due to many features. Basically, it is pure comic genius mixed into a sea of sex, shit, semen, and swearing with a pinch of lingerie and violence. You get a real feel for all the characters and their many quirks.

As for the art style, this is what actually makes it even more unique. So take power puff girls. Now make them violent and fighting lava monster things. Now make them suddenly erotic anime characters who pole dance to turn lingerie into weapons. Now back to cartoons killing stuff. And then a classic power rangers monster explosion.

So I would reccomend a watch, since it is quite funny. And as an added bonus, the music is quite catchy

See that's what I keep thinking, but then I kept finding all these bad reviews and I was all...Hmmm has my "anime radar's" battery died?? haha xD

Thanks for the response! :D

See that's what I keep thinking, but then I kept finding all these bad reviews and I was all...Hmmm has my "anime radar's" battery died?? haha xD

Thanks for the response! :D

If you want something thats like a trailer for what the anime is like, look here. Its a music video in episode 10 that basically introduces all the characters and shows what the series is all about, well pretty much. either way, its catchy music and enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LkYDzgdMbE

If you want something thats like a trailer for what the anime is like, look here. Its a music video in episode 10 that basically introduces all the characters and shows what the series is all about, well pretty much. either way, its catchy music and enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LkYDzgdMbE

Ohhh I like that!!! The music is catchy!! :D haha

I've got to agree with lemmingllama on this series especially as his description is very apt indeed, and it gave me a lot of laughs when I watched it. It is well worth the watch IMHO. I will admit I was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it, as the animation style itself was not one I normally find at all appealing, for that matter even tolerable, but for this series I was able to get past it, and I was very glad I could in the end. Take that for what you think it is worth...

• 1 month later...

If you have a simple sense of humor and lots of second degree, you could enjoy easily this anime.

Personnaly I watched each episode 2 times :

- first to understand the idea

- then, to try to enjoy it

It worked more the second time ^^'

Anyway... it's not a "waste of time" if you watch it just "to be watched". If you try to understand this anime seriously, you'll lose your mind XD

If you have a simple sense of humor and lots of second degree, you could enjoy easily this anime.

Personnaly I watched each episode 2 times :

- first to understand the idea

- then, to try to enjoy it

It worked more the second time ^^'

Anyway... it's not a "waste of time" if you watch it just "to be watched". If you try to understand this anime seriously, you'll lose your mind XD

What are you talking about? This anime is really easy to understand. Each episode is about sex, violence, gluttony, and making fun of everything possible

Guessing you guys didn't watch the final episode. It's a story of true love, despite that the whole world is ugly and disgusting.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd season and wish it could be dubbed in English, cuz the style is just so American.

I must disagree. Sure there is some weird love thing in there, but honestly it is more like a story of true lust...

And sadly I doubt that there will ever be a second season since it is a parody anime, just like how it probably wont be dubbed anytime soon. It is possible though, since it just came out a couple years ago and the manga is still ongoing

People like to bash because of its extreme eccentric style. In Japan it got the same first reception primarily due to two reasons.

1. Its based in America witch in Japan is almost unheard of these days.

2. It utilizes stretched animation witch is also something grabbed from American animations. Also unheard of.

When it first came out people in Japan made fun of it to for these reasons in particular. How ever after people saw what it was it became quit famous. One for it's controversial style and the odd rainbow of jokes thrown at the audience. Considering its probably the only anime that can throw a cultural and a sex joke in the same sentence. I can imagine that the people who bash it are people that never really saw this anime for what it is or individuals who take them selves way to seriously.

If you don't mind an anime that messes with it's audience or mature jokes, you should probably check it out. It even has a music video that raps up the first season of the show. (I have no idea witch band actually does this song even though it was done in English. If any one can find it please post it.) Other wise the ost for this anime became vary famous, and its worth listening to.

On a last note there is talk of producing a third and possibly a fourth season.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds unique. I have heard of this anime here and there and never really thought anything of it. I may have been a little curious about it once or twice but really didn't look into it. After reading your explanation lemming I might give this anime a go sometime in the future.

I guess you could say im curious on how this anime is going to play out and how well the art style looks.