Peeing in the Shower

Emotional Outlet

A thread of yore that gained some popularity and notoriety in the minds of millions. A topic that inspires debate and disgust. A subject that drives people to post entire articles on the history and purpose of toilets versus the purpose of showers.

This isn't about golden showers. This isn't some weird fetish thing. This isn't about being drunk and incidentally peeing in the shower as well as everywhere else.

No, this is about needing to pee and just aiming for the drain while you're taking a shower. Because why would you get out of that nice, warm shower just to pee when you can just go right there? You don't have to confess your sins, but it's funnier if you do.

I'll share a brief story told to me by one of my supervisors about people peeing in the shower.

When she was doing a room inspection, she found the wall beneath the shower knobs was disgusting and worn away in an irregular pattern. She later discovered it was because the resident of the room would urinate on the wall, in that particular spot, with such regularity that it eventually ate away at the tile. Since the showerhead was fixed, that part of the stall rarely, if ever, was rinsed off properly.

Also, I pee in the shower. My husband threatens to pee on my feet.

Here's a relevant rage comic.

Anyway, discuss.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do this occasionally, but then a funny thing happened. My lovely white bath mat, which it there to keep me from slipping and killing myself, turned black. Yes indeed, but only in the area around the drain. So a new mat and a new idea later, I now only do it when necessary, and I crouch right down to make sure it doesnt destroy my stuff again.

On a related subject, I go out of my way to pee in lakes during the summer. I dont know why, but it just feels so nice to pee in a lake.

What kind of pee are you peeing? Are you dying? That sounds really awful--we have a leaf-patterned greenish bathmat right now, so I guess I'll report back if it does any weird colour changes. I need the things that are designed to keep me from killing myself in the shower to not be deadly.

I don't know if I've ever peed in a lake, but I have whizzed in the ocean. Just so you all know. It's funny because I am completely incapable of swimming, so there's only so many reasons I end up out there.

LOL I don't know if this is suppose to be funny or serious... But so far I'm ROFL!

lemming you pee in lakes? Now that's funny! I gotta try that one day xD

I usually don't need to pee in showers, since I go before hand. But if I needed to I won't go out of my bathroom to go next door to my toilet and take a piss, it be too much of a pain so I will just go in the shower.

Anyways kinda off topic anyone ever pee in a bath before? LOL for me? No, I never and plus I never take baths anyway only showers.

I never seem to need to pee till I get in the shower and I'm not going to get out to pee in the toilet so yeah I pee in shower though I do try to aim for the drain, which is in the center of the shower against the wall (most tubs usually have it directly under the water spout, but not this one).

Edit: Haha, I have that exact same problem, too, Koby!

If I don't pee before getting in the shower, it is almost a 100% chance I will go in the shower, even if I'm trying not to. Although peeing in other people's showers is rude--I make sure to use the toilet before I shower, even if I think I don't have to go.

And that is true about the water pressure thing, haha.

I rarely take baths (I don't have the time), but I can't think of a time I've done so recently. Maybe when I was younger and not concerned with the idea of floating around in my own urine, haha. Although a wee bit of wee tends to escape when I take baths, even if I already went beforehand. I do shower after baths (what a frivolous waste of water!), though.

What kind of pee are you peeing? Are you dying? That sounds really awful--we have a leaf-patterned greenish bathmat right now, so I guess I'll report back if it does any weird colour changes. I need the things that are designed to keep me from killing myself in the shower to not be deadly.

I don't know if I've ever peed in a lake, but I have whizzed in the ocean. Just so you all know. It's funny because I am completely incapable of swimming, so there's only so many reasons I end up out there.

LMFAO, I can't swim either. I'm fine in water, but when my head goes under water - nope; I'm dead.

Hm. I do urinate in the shower consistently... on a regular basis, though I don't have any kind of safety mats in my bath tub considering 1) I have an unusual habit of sitting down in the shower, even if sitting is incorrect in operating the shower (where it's like 3x3feet cubicle) and 2) I generally don't need to go #2 prior to shower. My body makes it a habit I suppose since my bladder is use to emptying at regular time periods. Not quite sure how you guys have mats, tiles, and whatnot changing colors... though it may have something to do with your diet considering the acidity or whatever is altering basic plastic?

@EO q_q I don't really understand women sometimes. If I were a girl, I'd get extremely annoyed every time I have urine running down my thigh/leg - be it on the toilet or in the shower, though at least in the shower you're cleaning yourself but anywhere else, I'd feel unhygienic as a female.

Spring-boarding off of this real quick: Does anyone have an issue with using bathrooms besides your own places? I tend not to use public restrooms unless I know that my body wants the "waste" OUT of my body, immediately. Otherwise I'll like hold my bladder until I get home (be it 5-15 minutes).

I never used to pee in the shower until I showered with one of my ex's and he would pee in the shower all the time. It was one of those awkward things where out of no where he turned around looking at the drain.. I was like, "Are you peeing"? he said, "Yes". He said it was okay to pee in the shower so I did it a few times and now every time I get into the shower I have the need to pee. Kind of annoying.

To the first post they should have aimed at the drain.

LMFAO, I can't swim either. I'm fine in water, but when my head goes under water - nope; I'm dead.

Spring-boarding off of this real quick: Does anyone have an issue with using bathrooms besides your own places? I tend not to use public restrooms unless I know that my body wants the "waste" OUT of my body, immediately. Otherwise I'll like hold my bladder until I get home (be it 5-15 minutes).

I can't swim either. =P

I don't use public restrooms. Luckily I can hold my pee pretty much all day, as in when I went to school I didn't need to go till after I got home. Or on long trips I can wait till we get to our destination.

Although peeing in other people's showers is rude--I make sure to use the toilet before I shower, even if I think I don't have to go.

Well I can't remember the last time I used someone else's shower, but if I did, yeah I'd hold it till after I'm done and use the toilet or go before. I agree it could be considered rude to pee in other peoples bathtubs.

I dont know why some of you think its funny that I pee in lakes. Its basically a giant bathtub and it floats away afterwards so you dont have to worry about swimming in it! However, I do hold the standard that defacating in lakes is a big no-no

I really dislike using other peoples bathrooms, especially public ones. Its just that normally I try to sit down whenever I pee, and it seems that there is always something funny on the seat or in the toilet whenever you use one... Anyone else ever had to wipe off half a toilet then try to avoid that half and sit only on the other half?

All us non-swimmers. Hopefully none of us end up in floods or something, haha. My husband says we're all screwed if we ever end up on a boat together.

It's not really a big deal for me to go in the shower since I end up going in the first thirty seconds of my shower before I've even washed my hair, let alone used body wash. But yes, I hate it when I somehow pee on myself while I'm sitting on the toilet. It's just like... how did that happen?

I end up having to use the bathroom about an hour after I eat--regardless of what I eat--so I just have to suck it up and go. I don't mind public restrooms a whole lot, but I do hate using mall and movie theatre restrooms. Not enough to just go outside and desecrate public grounds, mind you.

Using the bathrooms of friends isn't a very big deal unless they're super disgusting--but that only really occurred when I would use other people's bathrooms when I lived in the dorms. Although if I ever end up at a party, I will avoid the toilets like the plague because I had a bad experience with someone who vomited in and on the toilet and it smelt like baby poop.

Also, just so everyone knows, I'm in no way advocating just peeing in a shower/tub when the water isn't running, haha. That's pretty icky.

Ew. Rofl, I'm not a super hygiene freak, but I do have some ethics and normal moral codes that prevent me from being unhygenic. (Dear god, that reminds me of the kid in my AP Computer Science Class... He does not bathe, at all; and all of us suffocate in our classroom because of his horrific stench. You can tell he doesn't shower because he doesn't wear different pants [you see mud stains all up his pant legs, DRIED MUD MIND YOU.]) Ugh.

I don't really urinate in the shower unless the water's running, and I just have an issue with using public and bathrooms that are outside of my household. Bathrooms are the holiest of places, the most PRIVATE areas possible, but when it's not in your own home - it feels like it's outside of my comfort ability. Like, I just can't go #2 in my friend's house. Hell, sometimes I don't like using the bathroom when I have other people over... it just doesn't feel "private".

What kind of pee are you peeing? Are you dying? .

LOL my thoughts exactly .. srsly turned it black??!! lol some acid pee right there

Ive peed in the shower plenty of times.. might as well go and get clean after cause im not gonna step out and have a wet toilet in a frenzy to relieve myself .. havent made a habit out of it or anything.

Huh...I guess I'm the weird one who holds it in. It's not like I'm some OCD person who is against peeing in the shower it's just habit.

I guess the reason behind this is because I normally take baths. I find them more relaxing. And peeing in a bath is just unsanitary. So during the rare occasion that I do take a shower I'm already in the habit of holding it in, so yeah.

I've done it like once or twice before, but that's only when it was really bad. 9.9 times out of ten, I hold it in.

Also on a side note...How many people here can...swim. Since so far I've only seen people say they can't swim. I for one can. I guess I'm the one saving all you drowning non-swimmers in that flood. XD

guilty as charged! as EO and Koby have said, I never need to until I am in the shower, and there is no point getting out just to use the toilet when the shower is going to do the same thing that flushing will.

That being said, Dart has this weird thing where as soon as the dishes get started he needs to pee. He has said it is a defense mechanism he developed to get out of it when he was younger. It makes me giggle coz he holds it in as long as he can while he's helping me and ends up doing a little dance until I tell him to just go pee.