What if their was no Entertainment?

Monad-Gnostis

• 11 months later...

Never in the history of Homo Sapiens sapiens has there been a period without entertainment. Before video games people played sports, and before there was film there was theater, and before there was radio and recorded music people banged sticks and rocks together and made their own music and danced, and before there was literature people gathered around fires and told stories--fictional tales of fantastical worlds and the harrowing adventures of their own lives. Entertainment predates civilization, and it may well exist after it as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Back when I was like a kid I guess, I had a what if thought if I was born in the 60's like my parents. I won't be a fan of video game since it's not really international. Probably being a sport player would be my passion instead. Or to be someone advanced or having a big career by the school teaching.

OP never specified if we are talking about modern entertainment or just in general. Unless some theoretical dystopia is trying to outlaw it, I don't see how you could remove all entertainment. We can always try something new or find some form of entertainment in each others company. Where I live its customary and part of the daily routine to chat over coffee after work/uni/school.

I have no idea what I would be doing if I was born in the 60's. My interests and career path have been shaped by the technology of the time I was born in.

No clue. If we're talking no entertainment at all, that's not even a world I can imagine. Even the poorest kids in North Korea can still play pretend with other kids to stay entertained. Confined in a box you can still make up a story in your mind for some form of entertainment. I can't perceive of a world with zero entertainment.

If the OP meant modern...let's say anything purely digital, so from the late 80's onward...I would probably be more into music than I am today.