How do you hold a pen?

Shazi

Oh dear, the way I hold a pen isn't much better, although your way is definitely more interesting than mine, haha. I hold it far too tightly, so any time I have to write for an extended period, I end up with paper that curls and a hand cramp.

DSC02854.JPG

Unfortunately my hand is blurry and my keyboard is not. You can, however, still see the terrible way I hold my pen. And my ring, brush, sock bun, strawberry gum, bag of chips, kneadable eraser, and Arabic stickers on my keyboard. I am a hobo at my desk.

• 3 weeks later...

alegend, how is that you are getting a grip on the pen, doesn't the pen dangle when you lift your hand off the book/table. just looking at the pic is making my thumb and index finger hurt.

my grip on the pen depends on my mood, when in a pleasant mood i hold it like max (somewhat similar), when there is assignment to be finished and no time left (deadline reached), i hold it like E.O. yes hurts like hell after you finish writing. when angry i hold the pen near to the nib/writing tip of the pen(even i don't understand why i do it).

when there is less ink in the pen i hold it around the middle of its length and skim along the paper with the ink barely sticking to the paper,but still legible.