Thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.. I haven't played it yet as I don't own a PS3 or 360.. but my sister does and she has been playing it. I've watched a little bit of her playing it and although she really likes it.. I don't seem to care much for it. I agree with your statement.. it does seem very dumbed down so that anyone can play through it with no trouble at all.

I've read and watched some reviews and they only help to make me not want to play it. They all say the majority of the game is straight and narrow, with very little you can wonder from... >_<

haha I want this game well obviously I'm a huge fan of the FF series. I don't care if reviews say the game is too linear. I'm sure the storyline is brilliant and the gameplay doesn't seem too bad. I do hope you can explore a lot and whatnot -_- but doubt that is the case lol oh well I hope Square has learned from their mistakes and make the next one even better! I want a mini-game zone like the one in Gold Saucer in FF7.

i've heard its extremely linear up until the 25th hour when you get a really open era. before that, you're restricted in who you can have in your party and supposedly the combat becomes more complicated allowing you to experiment and switch roles up and stuff.

I'm about 60 hours in ff13 with some idle time.I really have to say it's a diet rpg.I'm enjoying the games story,but there are alot of things i don't like,the combat system,the leveling system,the weapon system,um the shop system too

60 hours? Most people I talk finished the game in about 20 to 30 hours.. O.o >_<

FF13 is like one of the shortest FF games is what I've heard all over the inter-web.

I can't say it's the best since I haven't really played any other ones besides Crisis Core and FFX. But I'm enjoying it so far. I think it has the best battle system but I only think it's a bit too easy than most of SE's games. Like Kingdom Hearts II wasn't THAT hard but it's still sort of harder than XIII, imo.

yea agree with most people i pre-ordered the game and picked it up when it came out i got to playing it and a few days i later i started to think when am i gonna have some freedom in this game, that's at until you reach grand pulse kind of like the calm lands in ffX. i still have not finished the game, but i think it's safe to say this is the only place you can wander around. You can do cieth missions, find treasures, and fight the hardests monsters as a hardcare ff fan i was a little disappointed, but overall the game is still good.

I have FF13 and its good, its long but that adds to the story, have yet to beat it so won't read anything else on here:byebye:

I believe your statement is incorrect... It isn't long at all, in fact is has been cited as being the SHORTEST FF ever. One of my friends actually be the game in under 20 hours.

I haven't played it but I have a guy on my friends list who beat it and got every achievement for it in like 2 days.I was thinking that if I got some money I would get it but but since its a short game I'll just wait until the price drops.

If you're looking for a fun game get Mass Effect 2 I highly recommend it.

I am around 14 hours in and on disc 2. The game itself is defiantly a bit more dumbed down as there's no real strategy. In fact I've used Auto Battle and not had to think once about changing that "strategy".

Maybe it's me, but I feel as though it'll appeal to fans of Final Fantasy X (which isn't me).

Just curious if anyone else is playing or has played this game? I am currently at 80+ hours and have yet to obtain all of the trophies. I've only played a handful of Final Fantasy games but this one is pretty fun just a bit tedious to get the amount of money you need to make all of the items required for the trophies.