Latest One Piece Manga Dicussion [Spoilers]

spidey5443

While Sanji and his group work hard to make a new cake, things are seemingly getting worse for the others. Whatever plan Luffy can come up with now, he really needs to act on it. Otherwise the Sunny Go gets capsized, and/or worse. Though at this point if Luffy has something like Gear Fifth or whatever, I wouldn't be surprised.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:10 PM, Predaking-117 said:

While Sanji and his group work hard to make a new cake, things are seemingly getting worse for the others. Whatever plan Luffy can come up with now, he really needs to act on it. Otherwise the Sunny Go gets capsized, and/or worse. Though at this point if Luffy has something like Gear Fifth or whatever, I wouldn't be surprised.

Even if he does have gear fifth; how does that help the ones on ship? The only option is someone from outside might interfere.

• 2 weeks later...

So Dogtooth was really good at at Observation Haki for the longest time, but after losing his cool, Luffy got some good hits in. But let's see how long he can hold out. And that fish lady we saw a couple of chapters back actually helped deal with the sea slugs that were supposed to catch Nami and co. And the while the wedding cake will be done soon...ish.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, dragonamar said:

Those reactions;  Luffy and Brulee especially :haha:

Sometimes just character reactions alone makes for an amazing one piece chapter.

Every time someone mentions character reactions with regards to One Piece, the only thing I can think of for the next 20 minutes is the legendary Enel face. I've seen clips of the scene from the anime, but it doesn't really capture it as well.

On topic though, I wonder how Pudding is going to be handled at the end of all this. Standard One Piece MO would be to leave Pudding behind in Big Mom territory as the new head honcho or something while carrying a giant torch for Sanji for the foreseeable future, but Pudding is basically the female Sanji right now in terms of personality quirk, and that's something that hasn't really come up before in the series, unless my memory is failing me horribly. I wonder if Sanji will be sad to leave her behind.

Speaking of new head honcho, I don't see Big Mom being dethroned at the end of this. The Straw Hats didn't really go there with that in mind, and given the ridiculous gaps in power levels between the them and the enemy so far, it seems like a huge stretch that that could happen. At the same time simple escape also seems unlikely since even if they did escape, they're running headlong into a fight with Kaidou, and it's not like the Big Mom pirates are just going to leave them unhunted for as long as they need. The only way I see a resolution happening is if they somehow sneak the Caesar poison into the cake, which, if it kills Big Mom would be decidedly anticlimactic and not really the "One Piece" way of doing things, and if it doesn't brings up the previously stated issue of being chased all over the map.

Sorry for wall of text, I'm new here. :P

8 hours ago, SirVer said:

Every time someone mentions character reactions with regards to One Piece, the only thing I can think of for the next 20 minutes is the legendary Enel face. I've seen clips of the scene from the anime, but it doesn't really capture it as well.

Ah! the time when Enel found out his massive attacks have no effect on Luffy. Ya, that definitely left an impression. I actually replayed that scene quite a few times when i first saw that episode. The follow up scene of Aisa and that bird/horse was also great.

On topic though, I wonder how Pudding is going to be handled at the end of all this. Standard One Piece MO would be to leave Pudding behind in Big Mom territory as the new head honcho or something while carrying a giant torch for Sanji for the foreseeable future, but Pudding is basically the female Sanji right now in terms of personality quirk, and that's something that hasn't really come up before in the series, unless my memory is failing me horribly. I wonder if Sanji will be sad to leave her behind.

Well Oda made her grow on us into quite a character so he probably already thought of it.

Speaking of new head honcho, I don't see Big Mom being dethroned at the end of this. The Straw Hats didn't really go there with that in mind, and given the ridiculous gaps in power levels between the them and the enemy so far, it seems like a huge stretch that that could happen. At the same time simple escape also seems unlikely since even if they did escape, they're running headlong into a fight with Kaidou, and it's not like the Big Mom pirates are just going to leave them unhunted for as long as they need. The only way I see a resolution happening is if they somehow sneak the Caesar poison into the cake, which, if it kills Big Mom would be decidedly anticlimactic and not really the "One Piece" way of doing things, and if it doesn't brings up the previously stated issue of being chased all over the map.

Personally i think Luffy's group will deal with Kaidou with the help of Kid's alliance and then will have an all-out war with Big Mom with his recently found new Pirate Fleet.  The only question is are they just gonna run from current predicament or they gonna come up with some sort of deal with Big Mom.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Mom pirates kept hunting Straw Hat and co. even up till they later confront Kaido. Maybe Big Mom will sit back and watch another Emperor seemingly wipe out these smaller pirates and laugh at their pain. Or somehow Luffy or someone smarter than him will get the 2 Emperors to go at each other. I just can't help but think of Ken Watanabe's most memorable quote from Godzilla 2014: "Let them fight."

Or none of that happens, and something else entirely different does.

Edited by Predaking-117

On 11/13/2017 at 8:51 AM, Predaking-117 said:

Maybe Big Mom will sit back and watch another Emperor seemingly wipe out these smaller pirates and laugh at their pain. Or somehow Luffy or someone smarter than him will get the 2 Emperors to go at each other. I just can't help but think of Ken Watanabe's most memorable quote from Godzilla 2014: "Let them fight."

As interesting as this sounds, emperor's have too much pride to do that.