Taking Suggestions

Koby

Yeah, but most RP forums tend to wind up the same. You end up with two groups. The experts who can write pages and pages of sheer quality, and then the new lot who you'd be lucky to see post anything more than a couple of sentences. Now, I'm not bashing those who are new to RPing, 'cause everyone has to start somewhere. I think it would be cool to come up with a way of introducing them into it without overwhelming them with pages of really detailed writing.

Also, another thing I always found fun was RP battling. Basically, you write a bio for a character, describing their appearance, history, etc like a typical RP bio, but also include a detailed list of their abilities and fighting style. Now this can work in practically any type of setting. It could be a sword fight, a gun fight, or a clash between two magicians. You have two participants taking it in turns to write a post to describe the battle. It's almost like writing a story describing an epic fight between 'someone' and 'someone'.

Here's an example: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Realm_of_Asgard/index.php?showtopic=38

I'm not advertising or anything. That was an old forum of mine that died many years ago. That's basically what an RP battle it is, although it doesn't have to be quite so detailed. It was also left unfinished. xD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. ebook section - I've already said this would be done sooner or later, guess I can do it sooner.
  2. IRC - We've got one, though it's not really used: irc://irc.rizon.net/Kametsu
  3. more active RP section - Unfortunately this is out of my hands. I can supply the section, post encouragement to use it, but cannot force people to use it. It's up to the memberbase to breathe life back into that section.
  4. badge/icon for comp winners - At this time, all I can say is we can do this but it'd have to be given out for the user to add to their signature. For those who have won multiple comps we could turn all of their badges into a gif that rotates through them all possibly.
  5. Writers Group - Honestly, while it's nice for the acknowledgement, there isn't much else point to making a group with no extra permissions other than rank and requiring extra rank images under the avatar, especially for some who may already have 2-3 groups they are in. Perhaps you can create a social group and only allow those who've written stories to join it and then have a badge made for everyone to add to their signature that links to the group or literature section to help promote it. I could possibly see adding a usergroup for this if the Literature section got active enough with enough active writers to inspire creating more boards for it and holding bi-weekly or monthly writing contests and give the people who help maintain the section the tag and mod abilities of that section similar to the graphic section.

Yeah, but most RP forums tend to wind up the same. You end up with two groups. The experts who can write pages and pages of sheer quality, and then the new lot who you'd be lucky to see post anything more than a couple of sentences. Now, I'm not bashing those who are new to RPing, 'cause everyone has to start somewhere. I think it would be cool to come up with a way of introducing them into it without overwhelming them with pages of really detailed writing.

Also, another thing I always found fun was RP battling. Basically, you write a bio for a character, describing their appearance, history, etc like a typical RP bio, but also include a detailed list of their abilities and fighting style. Now this can work in practically any type of setting. It could be a sword fight, a gun fight, or a clash between two magicians. You have two participants taking it in turns to write a post to describe the battle. It's almost like writing a story describing an epic fight between 'someone' and 'someone'.

Here's an example: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Realm_of_Asgard/index.php?showtopic=38

I'm not advertising or anything. That was an old forum of mine that died many years ago. That's basically what an RP battle it is, although it doesn't have to be quite so detailed. It was also left unfinished. xD

Just make some threads and im sure that at least a couple of people will filter in. Also, dont wait for lots of people to join in order to start the campaign, since you wont get more than a couple in the beginning.

Also, the calendar might be nice for things like SOTW and BOTM, so that we can stay on top of all of those things. Just saying this because otherwise it doesnt really serve a purpose

1. ebook section - I've already said this would be done sooner or later, guess I can do it sooner.

YAY, books are awesome,

1. badge/icon for comp winners - At this time, all I can say is we can do this but it'd have to be given out for the user to add to their signature. For those who have won multiple comps we could turn all of their badges into a gif that rotates through them all possibly.

i know how to make gifs in photoshop so i could do that easy, its just a matter of making the prizes every week/month. maybe if we left it to the gfx mod in charge for the week, that would make life easier

1. Writers Group - Honestly, while it's nice for the acknowledgement, there isn't much else point to making a group with no extra permissions other than rank and requiring extra rank images under the avatar, especially for some who may already have 2-3 groups they are in. Perhaps you can create a social group and only allow those who've written stories to join it and then have a badge made for everyone to add to their signature that links to the group or literature section to help promote it. I could possibly see adding a usergroup for this if the Literature section got active enough with enough active writers to inspire creating more boards for it and holding bi-weekly or monthly writing contests and give the people who help maintain the section the tag and mod abilities of that section similar to the graphic section.

a social group would work, we have one already, and again, i'm always willing to make little tags for it, i shall ask there as to what they think.i agree with Mae, if we make the tag, as nice as it would be to get, there's little point to it and it would make me feel like i have to write which makes me want to write less

Hmm... I also agree on having an EBook section, that would be a great idea ^_^

Hmm... and about th IRC; I dont think IRC's would exactly be the greatest ideas, because some people may not have access to any IRC websites at all. But, if we did have an external webpage or website like the original Kametsu.com that we can use to check whats going on when the forum's down.

EDIT: About the award winning emblem thingos, maybe we should have an emblem system, not just for comps but for everyday actions on the forums aswell.

Say for example, when a member does something on the forum, we could give them and emblem! So since Koby was the creator and an elder of this forum (xD lol) he would earn an emblem for being a member for a long time. Or if Shazi has a lot of typos then she could get an emblem for typo-ing a lot. Maybe that could be an idea

Would it be possible to start hosting online gaming tournaments? I doubt anyone would really be interested in 1vs1, 2vs2, or 5vs5 Warsow tournaments. I'm not even sure any other PC game would really be all that popular here, but their does seem to be alot of people here that have consoles. Could tournaments be set up for people that have the same consoles and games?

Would it be possible to start hosting online gaming tournaments? I doubt anyone would really be interested in 1vs1, 2vs2, or 5vs5 Warsow tournaments. I'm not even sure any other PC game would really be all that popular here, but their does seem to be alot of people here that have consoles. Could tournaments be set up for people that have the same consoles and games?

Sure if we had enough participants for it. In the past, gaming competitions haven't done so well even though we used easy to access online PC games that were free. Because we'd have only about 20 sign-up, but when it came time we'd have near half drop out due to lack of time or unable to meet due to differences in time-zones and work/school/shit. So whatever it is we'd need a decent amount of competitors so it might be best to ask in a thread some kind of nomination thing where everyone lists what games they have they'd recommend for online play and such and we take those with the most nominations into suggestion. We use to try and hold Phantasy Star Online - Blue Burst competitions but they never really turned out.. now we just do Yu-Gi-Oh! competitions but we're taking a break from that at the moment.

I don't really game a whole lot online or offline but most games I play these days don't have an online mode. =P

Heck, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc would probably make decent competitions.. I kept kicking ballard's butt online in SSBB last time we played it. To be fair though, he did say he had just gotten the game, lol.

Heck, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc would probably make decent competitions.. I kept kicking ballard's butt online in SSBB last time we played it. To be fair though, he did say he had just gotten the game, lol.

If we started Mario Kart or SSBB competitions, I would definitely try my best to participate. I love those games, but never have anybody to play with, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have a suggestion, I was thinking would it not be sweet if we had sort of a comedy center on the Tantalus Hideout where we can post funny pictures videos and anything else funny. I was thinking we can just put stuff here for comedic reasons cause by my assumption, any where else would just insult some people but here it could just be for comedy so no one would get offended easily. In the end this might get things up, cause who doesn't enjoy a bit of comedy.

I was going to post a new topic here suggesting this but figured since this thread is still open, you must still be tacking suggestions.

Yeah I have a suggestion, I was thinking would it not be sweet if we had sort of a comedy center on the Tantalus Hideout where we can post funny pictures videos and anything else funny. I was thinking we can just put stuff here for comedic reasons cause by my assumption, any where else would just insult some people but here it could just be for comedy so no one would get offended easily. In the end this might get things up, cause who doesn't enjoy a bit of comedy.

I was going to post a new topic here suggesting this but figured since this thread is still open, you must still be tacking suggestions.

I would be totally ok with this. It beats Forum Games for this kind of stuff

You see, Art & Literature use to have this stuff. It was intended for humor, poems, and short stories. Then all the story writers took over and I completely lost interest in that section. I no longer even go into it because I honestly don't care for any of the stories anymore...

Ummm I'm sorry... I can always take my writing elsewere =S

Ummm I'm sorry... I can always take my writing elsewere =S

I didn't mean it like that.. just that the other parts of the A&L board have been forgotten and that I, myself, don't read the stories anymore because there are far too many to keep up with and lack of time to read huge walls of text. I just meant it'd be nice to see the other uses being used.

I didn't mean it like that.. just that the other parts of the A&L board have been forgotten and that I, myself, don't read the stories anymore because there are far too many to keep up with and lack of time to read huge walls of text. I just meant it'd be nice to see the other uses being used.

Ah! okz then ^.^ hmm... finding some funny things like the "womens rules for men" and the "mens rules for women" that we posted ages go.... I am quite sure I can find more things like that... it is the internet ^.~