Taking Suggestions

Koby

I realize we haven't had much suggestions lately and perhaps we don't consider suggestions enough when we do receive them thus I'd like to take time out, especially after our lapse without the forum to consider possible changes we could do and discuss the reasons why we should do such a change or why we should not do so and try and come to an agreement for what is best for the community as a whole without going overboard on server extensive or impossible features.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been raised in "Chatbox temporarily removed"(I did'nt read it completely, sorry). But we can have our own private channel in IRC for chatting. Just in case if server is down any time, people can meet up there in IRC. I'm never on CB but I think it'd be better option and it'll also reduce the load on the server.

I don't know if this has been raised in "Chatbox temporarily removed"(I did'nt read it completely, sorry). But we can have our own private channel in IRC for chatting. Just in case if server is down any time, people can meet up there in IRC. I'm never on CB but I think it'd be better option and it'll also reduce the load on the server.

We have MSN or Facebook for that I dont think a IRC is needed personally...

Ebook section would be really good. Also, a writers tag would be interesting and would keep the lit section a bit more alive. And maybe some other fun stuff for the vbshop would be cool.

Shazi and i were talking about a writers tag... that would be hard to do, what would you make the conditions as? "Everyone who posts a story gets a writers tag"?

But if that were to happen Koby would have to create a new group...

Shazi and i were talking about a writers tag... that would be hard to do, what would you make the conditions as? "Everyone who posts a story gets a writers tag"?

But if that were to happen Koby would have to create a new group...

There would have to be guidelines, like the person must have posted at least 5 peices of work and at least one of those must be a weekly updated story that has had a minimum of 4 installments. Something like that would make people actually work to keep said tag and would make them need to be around for at least a month in order to get it.

There would have to be guidelines, like the person must have posted at least 5 peices of work and at least one of those must be a weekly updated story that has had a minimum of 4 installments. Something like that would make people actually work to keep said tag and would make them need to be around for at least a month in order to get it.

ahh but you see, that takes all the fun of writing out of it for me, I write because i want too, if i was to be given a tag i would not want to write because i will feel like i would HAVE too. My editor and publisher are working that out themselves now. Whenever the get on my back about BsE I stop writing and shift my attention elsewhere.... I would not want a writers tag if they were the conditions...

I think maybe someone who has contributed five or more stories should deserve the title, even if they don't contribute on a very regular basis. Either that, or have like, a certain "team" who give budding writers constructive criticism and whatnot. You know, people who really know what's what when it comes to creative writing.

Anyone in the group could be judges or whatever for, say... a creative writing competition or something. They could decide on a theme and minimum amount of words or whatever and then judge it. Almost like a graphics team member, I guess, but for literature!

I think maybe someone who has contributed five or more stories should deserve the title, even if they don't contribute on a very regular basis. Either that, or have like, a certain "team" who give budding writers constructive criticism and whatnot. You know, people who really know what's what when it comes to creative writing.

Anyone in the group could be judges or whatever for, say... a creative writing competition or something. They could decide on a theme and minimum amount of words or whatever and then judge it. Almost like a graphics team member, I guess, but for literature!

Well that would make that my job... I have had the most exp in creative writing, I have been writing since I was 8 years old (I am now 28) so you are saying I should have a writers tag and start giving them "constructive criticism and whatnot" ?

Note: Not tryong to big note myself here...

Whoa, it was just a suggestion. :D I said anyone who who has contributed a fair amount DESERVES the tag. I didn't say they HAVE to, or even SHOULD.

Basically it's all down to the fact that there's a graphics team on the forum, so why not have a creative writing team? I mean, it's not like the graphics team do much more than anyone who contributes literature to this place.

Whoa, it was just a suggestion. :D I said anyone who who has contributed a fair amount DESERVES the tag. I didn't say they HAVE to, or even SHOULD.

Basically it's all down to the fact that there's a graphics team on the forum, so why not have a creative writing team? I mean, it's not like the graphics team do much more than anyone who contributes literature to this place.

I know, I was giving you something to talk about ^.^

Dont get me wrong, i would like the "writers tags" for shazi, me and a few other writers here. it is a good suggestion, I was just giving you another side of it ^.^

I know, I was giving you something to talk about ^.^

Dont get me wrong, i would like the "writers tags" for shazi, me and a few other writers here. it is a good suggestion, I was just giving you another side of it ^.^

Curse you, being a devils advocate is my job! You do deserve a writers tag though, as well as many of our other budding writers here. And a story of the week would be kinda cool too.

Ah yeah, I know. :D

But yeah. I think that most of all, I want to see more people contribute to the RP forum. Everyone seems all for it when it comes to discussing the whole thing, and are all like "Yeah, that's a great idea. I'm in!" and stuff like that, but then by the time it comes to actually signing up, or if you're lucky, getting to the opening post, it suddenly turns out dead. xD

Maybe those who are interested in keeping that section going should help pool some ideas together to spark up more interest in things there. I have a few ideas, but it all depends on how many do want to make something of that section.

But yeah. I think that most of all, I want to see more people contribute to the RP forum. Everyone seems all for it when it comes to discussing the whole thing, and are all like "Yeah, that's a great idea. I'm in!" and stuff like that, but then by the time it comes to actually signing up, or if you're lucky, getting to the opening post, it suddenly turns out dead. xD

Maybe those who are interested in keeping that section going should help pool some ideas together to spark up more interest in things there. I have a few ideas, but it all depends on how many do want to make something of that section.

I would love to do something in the RP section, but everything is dead and so there isnt much of an opportunity to participate. Really you just need a couple dedicated players to get a good game started.

well leave out the sign up and what not, just start your own, if no one posts after a few days add a new charater yourself and keep it going that way.

I personally think the RP section should be booted... but that is just my opinion...