how dark is your dark side?

Leviathan87

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, I would have to say these days my dark side is relatively small compared to the rest of me, but it is also extremely dark. Most ways and times I am a fairly nice person (if anything too much so at times for my own good I've been told) but when something manages to trigger that darker aspect of my soul, well, it can get really ugly really quickly. Some of my demons are at the archfiend level and then some, I grew up with a LOT of anger (which is one of the reasons I worked so hard at overcoming it and reducing that darkness in my nature I would point out) within me for a bunch of reasons, much of it tied to my ADHD and the treatment it got me from my "peers" combined with some family issues including parental alcoholism combined with man hating and being the elder child only male. So yes, my dark side is *VERY* dark, which is why I keep it under such tight control and have worked to accentuate my brighter, nicer side throughout my life. Assigning it a simple number from 1-100 is not something I can do with any accuracy, it is too simplistic a tool to do so with any accuracy for me, it fails to consider intensity, shades of darkness, just asks how much of a nature is dark, which for me might be say 10-15, but that 10-15 compared to another persons 50 might be far darker, so I really am not comfortable with that scale, sorry.

um I would have to say my dark side is pretty dark, but not twisted, and I guess someone doesn't really truly know how dark their "dark side" is until they are forced into a situation which brings that side of them out. I might never know how dark I can really be until someone/something brings it out me. Humans can do a great deal of evil if they are fighting for their survival. I'd have to say undecided.

Hmm... Well I'm not exactly sure how dark my dark side can get since I've never been put in a situation where I've had to completely engulf myself in it. I have a habit of becoming numb and running off when I start to feel any dark feelings. Even in games I can't help but be nice to everyone and go for the lighter side of things. Everyone has exceptions though~ (: I did like Bluenoser's response, just saying ~(v.v)~

100% If I had some kind of magic or something a lot of people would be dead. Buildings with whole family's just destroyed and people murdered ripped limb from limb. I may act nice but under it I dream of killing everything and everyone in my anger, mostly directed at people I consider trash but If I snapped with that kind of power a lot more then bad people would be hurt. lucky for the world that power doesn't exist

• 1 month later...

I can't really choose a number because it just seems completely inaccurate since you can't seriously measure the darkness of someone between 1 and 100, since you can always go to new extremes with the twisted actions and thoughts of some people and it always depends on who you compare yourself to.

If the most evil at 100 is a war lord in some country that rapes, murders and tortures innocent people without any regret or mercy then I would put myself at 7% (I would also say that no-one here is really over 20% unless you are committing an extreme offense), since I know that I'm being greedy and don't acknowledge how lucky I am to have a very good life and still bitch from time to time about pointless and frankly pathetic things.

As with everyone I have a much darker side that I would rate at 18%, since I do stuff that I have to I completely regret and most of the time block out from my memory, and I have to keep this side completely locked down because of what I do when I can't control it.

But this is another thing that slowly makes me loose faith in humanity.

• 3 weeks later...