Random Talk.

Talena Mae

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2017 at 2:08 PM, bentheguitarman said:

Anyone watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, being such a massive harry potter fan I didn't think I would love this movie but I did, thoroughly enjoyed it

I watched it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, im a big HP fan too but I just couldnt get into Fantastic beasts, seemed like a rather pointless movie to me but it did get a good rep so I will be keen to see how they follow it up

1 hour ago, Cesario said:

I watched it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, im a big HP fan too but I just couldnt get into Fantastic beasts, seemed like a rather pointless movie to me but it did get a good rep so I will be keen to see how they follow it up

I watched it at home etc, didn't go into it expecting a lot but was happy with what I seen, I also see as pointless lol but like the world it is set in, I thought grindlewald looked weird

So much crap to watch/read/listen to/all that shit not enough time jfc even with being unemployed and not going to any sort of school currently I don't have the time for all this shit I can imagine everyone else on this forum who's actually at least a somewhat productive member of society unlike my lazy ass has this problem to an even larger extent than I can even conceive.

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Nabull said:

Can't you make a discord channel?

Discord aka Memecord is for losers and 4chan snobs. I'd rather stick with IRC, where all the real people worth talking to chill.

Haven't heard anything good about Memecord, and have no reason to switch. When it gets an XDCC equivalent and loses the terrible community it has built up, hit me up and I'll reconsider.

I'm joking of course, don't take me serious. I just don't see any reason to divide the users further when Discord offers nothing of value over IRC that I feel would necessitate having both rather than simply referring everyone to one spot: IRC, which serves a purpose of XDCC alongside an excellent texting chat platform hosted on our own servers.

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

Discord aka Memecord is for losers and 4chan snobs. I'd rather stick with IRC, where all the real people worth talking to chill.

Haven't heard anything good about Memecord, and have no reason to switch. When it gets an XDCC equivalent and loses the terrible community it has built up, hit me up and I'll reconsider.

That was considering its popularity lol, I have IRC Cloud on my phone. I just think that more people will be willing to join the discord channel. 

Just now, Moodkiller said:

@Koby when irc gets scrollback, let me know. 

@Nabull https://discord.gg/XMsWdHd only the best people hang out on discord ;). Koby is just in the wrong servers. 

IRC has scrollback and always has. I can scrollback through conversations from months ago. You just set your scrollback to a really low number.

In any event, it also saves .txt files of scrollback in your user folders if you know where to look for them.

Stop playing dumb.

4 hours ago, Koby said:

IRC has scrollback and always has. I can scrollback through conversations from months ago. You just set your scrollback to a really low number.

In any event, it also saves .txt files of scrollback in your user folders if you know where to look for them.

Stop playing dumb.

I should have been more specific, call me when IRC gets offline scrollback when you  are not online. This is the one big plus you get from Discord, offline messages when you yourself are offline. True scrollback. 

As you know, scroll back on IRC is possible 1) if you leave your main client open 24/7 or 2) setup an IRC bouncer (such as ZNC). 

IRC definitely has its place, especially for XDCC, but Discord is not as bad as you make out to be - like IRC, it's the chans.  

• 2 weeks later...