Black Lagoon - Anime Discussion

Koby

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
The dub in infintely better than the sub, mainly because then everyones voices actually sound like what they should be and you understand the swearing. I really hate Dutch's voice in the sub, it doesnt sound anything like a big black imposing guy.

Not that I needed to but I took a look at the sub voices and I must say the dub is better for that reason!!! That and im a dubbed fan haha. Dutch truly does sound great in dub, just like a big black guys should.

Anyone know when Roberta's Bloodtrail will get a dub?

Funi reckons late 2012 so keep your ears opens for a more accurate date.

• 2 months later...

hmm is it any good ?

I found that it isn't everyones cup of tea but I reccommend watching the first couple of episodes at least so you can gauge it for yourself. I believe it is worth the watch.

On the topic of the dub vs sub, many of the Dub characters were spot on (Revy in particular) and that's primarily why i've avoided Roberta's Blood Trail up 'til now. If the news of a dub of it is accurate i'll be pretty happy.

I have been told that the sub is horrible for Black Lagoon because the jap actors don't really suit the character styles of the characters, such as Dutch's voice. In the Dub it is a spot on black guys voice and suits th character extremely well. I do believe the news of the dub for the 3rd season are correct.

From Black Lagoon Wiki:

At Anime Expo 2010, Funimation announced that they have licensed Roberta's Blood Trail and will be released in 2012.

• 1 month later...

On the topic of the dub vs sub, many of the Dub characters were spot on (Revy in particular) and that's primarily why i've avoided Roberta's Blood Trail up 'til now. If the news of a dub of it is accurate i'll be pretty happy.

I haven't seen the subbed version, but I normally prefer the subs.

Black Lagoon's voice acting was a perfect match for all the characters though, so I'd rather watch this one dubbed.

Also, anyone know when in 2012 it'll be out?

• 1 month later...

A Bluray/DVD combo is announced and will be released December 2012.

it will include both seasons 1 and 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Lagoon-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B008YRL7JE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352372492&sr=8-1&keywords=black+lagoon"]http://www.amazon.com/Black-Lagoon-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B008YRL7JE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352372492&sr=8-1&keywords=black+lagoon

hope this means RBT will be released soon!

Edited by emjay911

• 3 weeks later...