Listen to the song above you!

Pinkie Pie

Gasp! I love the idea of this thread!

@Grundy Great sound! Definitely falls well within the spectrum of music I normally listen to, minus the foreign language. I had to turn CC on. :D

Alright everyone, this is my man Ronald Jenkees. He shreds the keyboard like how a 1950's jazz musician would play the saxophone, with heart and soul. In a world filled with cookie cutter music, I feel like he brings something fresh and genuine to the table. He's not for everyone, but if you like it, then you'll love him for what he does. I was blown away when I discovered him in 2008, and have been following him ever since. He just dropped his 5th self produced album. Enjoy!

Change to 720p or 1080p for best sound.

Edited by ThePJzer

• 2 weeks later...

@Grundy ^ Oh man, I've never actually heard that GnR song before, excellent. You're speaking to my late teenage years with that Incubus though, love it! :D Going to throw a couple songs from my youth at ya. Crank it up till your ears bleed.

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift. My get up and go song every morning for years.

Deftones, nuff said.

• Like 1

Pretty good @ThePJzer ! Second video is unavailable for me somehow...

Time for something completely different...

One of my favorites from Carpenter Brut. Starts off with this perfect GTA-vibe, throws in the saxophone at 1:14, gets a bit more intense later on and then just breaks loose at 2:28 (signature Carpenter Brut style)... and goes back to the original GTA vibes from before.

• Like 1

@Scyrous Nice mellow 80's vibe. Never heard of them before, love it!

@Grundy Also like both of these, but the groove of The Smiths makes it my favorite of the two.

Since it's apparently "Bring back the 80's night" then lets go with someone a friend introduced to me recently.

Apparently 80's music/scores never died, they just got tucked into a corner of the internet. Recently created/released 80's instrumentals, who'd a thought.  This is the full album, I have it starting from the beginning.  Listen to the first two songs which takes you up to the 7 minute mark. If you like 80's movie scores then your in for a treat.

If you can't watch this one either @Scyrous then check out Bandcamp, unless you're blocked there too. 

https://lazerhawk.bandcamp.com/album/visitors

• Like 2

@ThePJzer That's my jam! Trust me my friend, I am all over this genre. It goes by the name of synthwave. Lazerhawk is a classic example. Carpenter Brut, along with Perturbator, create what is known as darksynth (which is typically a lot heavier and darker - it has a satanic edge). Other good artists are Dance with the Dead, Gunship, Dan Terminus, etc. Lots of 80s-inspired B-movie music as you said.

This is arguably Carpenter Brut's most famous (and heaviest) tracks out there. Just listen to the first two minutes to hear what I mean.

• Like 3

@ThePJzer Interesting stuff! Haven't heard of him but that's definitely the kind of music I would have enjoyed 2-3 years ago. My taste tends to change over the years hehe.

And yeah I had the exact same reaction! It's an incredible song.

This track just grabs you starting from 0:45 and never lets go. Just like Turbo Killer, it's one of his more famous and heavy tracks.

Honestly I'd recommend checking out his (one and only) Trilogy album and listening to all 18 tracks. It's compiled of 3x6 EPs (666, what a surprise). Unfortunately there have been no other EP/albums since then (trilogy is from 2015). He did hint at something coming late 2017 though.

• Like 3

On 2017-5-29 at 7:37 AM, DabDeity710 said:

@Moby sounds kinda like Le Castle Vania, brings me back

https://mitchmurder.bandcamp.com/track/dr-wily

since I'm seeing all this 80s revivalist stuff

your quote didn't work btw lol and hmm funky techy stuff there! 

well here is, uhhh...a song about uh something about being useless or something :P  depressing but damn catchy! also @Moodkiller hates me for playing this repeatedly in discord xD

also @Scyrous working my way through it :) 

45b954a1d5.png

Edited by Moby
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

LOL, I was waiting to get dragged into this :P - The lyrics for that songs are sad as heck... also I said I hated you for playing this?? O.o 

I see your repeat and raise you mine:

lol you sure do like that song :P tbh its a damn good song though!!! 

something a bit more relaxing and slinky!

Quite relaxing indeed! That was pretty good. :)

Moby and @ThePJzer... you know how I said Carpenter Brut would release something late 2017? Well he finally released his cover of 'Flashdance - She's a Maniac' today! There's another full album coming later this year though.

I've already pre-ordered it here. Unfortunately it's pretty much a duplicate of the Trilogy album. Only difference being is that he added Maniac + another new track called 5118.574... regardless, I bought it! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scyrous said:

Quite relaxing indeed! That was pretty good. :)

Moby and @ThePJzer... you know how I said Carpenter Brut would release something late 2017? Well he finally released his cover of 'Flashdance - She's a Maniac' today! There's another full album coming later this year though.

I've already pre-ordered it here. Unfortunately it's pretty much a duplicate of the Trilogy album. Only difference being is that he added Maniac + another new track called 5118.574... regardless, I bought it! :D

Damn that guitar solo was fucking nuts

https://grimecraft.bandcamp.com/track/pok-ace-ft-kevin-villecco

more video game shit

• Like 1