My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Kid Ryan

When I first staring watching the series I didn't get it. I saw brony threads everyday on /b/ and I thought they were so weird.

But I started watching the show and realized I loved it. I fell in love with the animation and obviously the amazing voice acting. I became more and more into the show and now I collect MLP dolls and am part of an MLP club at my school c:

I love the community, everyone is so welcoming and friendly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a brony since the show first came out. I really don't know what exactlly drew me to the show. I guess it was the art, and the fact that it has a decent story with good characters. The odd thing with me is I always hated the toys, and commercials as a kid, and not just because I was a little boy. Just because I found them annoying.

Pretty much after like three episodes I was hooked. Rainbowdash quickly became my favorite character. As for why. I like things that can fly, and I also like color combos. So she is a mix of both with a 20% cooler attitude. I too can't wait for season 3, and hope it comes out soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like someone to explain to me why My little Ponies show is so popular. I just don't get it.

Why people find certain things entertaining is different for everyone! I personally like it because it's pretty cute and I generally like the characters, although I really dislike Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle with a passion. Rarity comes out on top for me, followed by Fluttershy. The songs are pretty catchy, the art is great, and the fan community tends to be okay, but that depends on where you go. I'm not deeply embedded in the fandom, but I do collect fanart--ponies and gijinkas alike. I don't read the fan fictions beyond the particularly notorious ones like Rainbow Factory and Cupcakes, and even then it's just to see what it's about.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did anyone watch the season premiere?

Java had me watch it while I was folding laundry. It was pretty cool, but I still haven't finished the second season yet, hurr. I hope the Crystal Empire shows up throughout the rest of the season--it looks interesting and Rarity's reaction to it was pretty cute.

Twilight still isn't my favourite and she seems determined to continue to misunderstand Princess Celestia in the most tragic ways possible. u-u

The

Did anyone watch the season premiere?

Java had me watch it while I was folding laundry. It was pretty cool, but I still haven't finished the second season yet, hurr. I hope the Crystal Empire shows up throughout the rest of the season--it looks interesting and Rarity's reaction to it was pretty cute.

Twilight still isn't my favourite and she seems determined to continue to misunderstand Princess Celestia in the most tragic ways possible. u-u

The season premiere was awesome though not without it's critiques, as the villain may or may not disappoint you, despite looking badass. Overall, it's still worth the watch!

• 3 months later...

I believe season 1 had finished and season 2 was beginning when I actually got interested in MLP:FiM.

I'd seen videos on YT referencing it and I thought it to be nothing more than your usual internet 'fad'.

But as it seemed to be growing in popularity I figured whats the harm in watching the first episode or two.

And as more of a joke downloaded S01 E01&E02 and put it on the family PS3 and now here I am.

Alas sadly season 3 has nearly ended  :C

And soon begins the long wait for season 4, which has been rumored/confirmed to be 26 episodes like S01 & S02.

Haha, I started watching to see what all the fuss was about. Eventually I just watched all of them for completion's sake and now I've got my roommate in on MLP knowledge--more than he ever wanted to amass.

I can't believe the third season has already gone by so quick though! It seems like it was only yesterday when I watched the premiere, but obviously that was back in November.

• 4 weeks later...

Alas, I can't stand the new series but I'm happy that so many have grown to love MLP. The fact is that it wouldn't still be around if it wasn't special to begin with and since most of us have grown up with MLP in our lives, it's somewhat heart warming to know it's still there and thriving thanks to the old new and current generations.

My favourite is so totally Rainbowdash.

• 10 months later...

Wow...THIS is active. Um, lets see... I quit watching this season because the encoder I follow went poof, and I wasn't sure who to follow after s/he left.

I've been grabbing BS's 720p/1080p WEB-DL releases from KickAssTorrents myself: https://kickass.to/usearch/pony%20web-dl/?field=time_add&sorder=desc

Yes they are fully untouched etc, haven't been re-sized or re-encoded.

Wow...THIS is active. Um, lets see... I quit watching this season because the encoder I follow went poof, and I wasn't sure who to follow after s/he left.

I've been grabbing BS's 720p/1080p WEB-DL releases from KickAssTorrents myself: https://kickass.to/usearch/pony%20web-dl/?field=time_add&sorder=desc

Yes they are fully untouched etc, haven't been re-sized or re-encoded.

I REALLY miss loadstone.

Fantastic quality, with lower size.