Opinions on Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor

Lelouch1199

This season was widely panned by old time fans of the series over a stupid reason I won't mention due to spoilers, but honestly I preferred it by far over season 1 and the reason most people didn't like it... is what I thought made the series even better. I've even got the Blu-ray set pre-ordered which comes out early next month. If you enjoyed the first season you should definitely check it out.

I really liked it. I guess I can relate to the people who don't like it because of the ending, but still, I've seen and probably liked stuff with far worse ending than it's. The opening theme was beautiful. This time, the main attraction wasn't basically on our own Hei, but was on a girl with some hell amount of talent—who was really sweet. I guess I'll also buy it once the Blu-rays show up and then keep it with the first season.

• 1 month later...
Compared to the first season? Rather pathetic. Hei with no powers (or shaving cream?) doesn't suit him well.

He looked better with the facial hair in my opinion. More anime should try it so their characters don't look 12 when they're in their twenties and such. As for the no powers, well I didn't mention that as that was sort of a spoiler, but since it's been said. That was one of the big reasons I enjoyed the second season even more. It brought Hei down to earth and really expanded his character and gave him some depth. Honestly I didn't care for Hei in the first season and the first season was rather only just an average series to me. The second season really had things going for it and I just loved everything about it. I marathoned the second season in two days, while the first season took me two months. The first season lacked action and story that the second season excelled at.

One who's seen s1 should see s2. It has something to give, it's not just a copy of season 1, however they couldn't handle the script that well, as it usually happens when people get special powers. In the end those powers are too good to be true and the scenario breaks.

What season 2 is really good at, is the bonds formed between the chars.

Watch it, you'll be engaged and won't regret it.