Kid Boruto

Anime You've Recently Completed?

On 7/15/2020 at 12:35 AM, Koby said:

I suggest people go watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 instead as it's superior all around.

I can't comment on Japan Sinks yet, but Tokyo Magnitude is definitely underappreciated. The conclusion is a bit on the mawkish side, but it's a very good show if you're in the mood for that.

And on the topic of School Days... It's not a great show by any means, but it gets some props for simply being different. If you'd put a gun to my head I'd certainly choose to rewatch School Days over watching another lifeless Love Hina clone... Harem shows are basically all the same. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

• Like 1

I finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica & the movies last week.

Did it live up to the hype? I'd say... yes. Yes it did.

It's a part of the 'darker toned' magical girl genre that's been going on recently. I guess? Either way it's pretty decent. That Movie 3 ending though... but I suppose I can accept it. Mostly because the 'demon' is pretty much dead/neutralized. lol.

So yeah. It was as good as people were saying it was.

I binge watched Japan Sinks a few months ago. Before that, I finally got around to watching Evangelion and its movies. I also got to finish Digimon Tamers, as well as watching Digmon Frontier and Savers, as well as some of the movies in that franchise I've not seen before.

I finished rewatched the Code Geass series today by finishing Code Geass R2. So now it's finally time for me to watch the new(er) stuff.

I finished the new(er) Code Geass stuff. Akito the Exiled and Lelouch of the Resurrection. Akito the Exiled WAS SO DAMN GOOD. It really was. Every part of it was just OUTSTANDING and AMAZING. IMO it's even better than the series.

The movie... I don't know how to describe it. Which isn't necessarily a good thing. lol. Kind of 'blah.' Some things didn't make sense either. Though apparently that's because the movie versions did things slightly differently than the anime versions so that's probably why and only Resurrection was dubbed which still makes no sense to me. Oh well. I guess. Do I recommend it? Sure if you want more Code Geass content. Just don't expect too much.

Edited by CardGames