Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's Durarara!! I really liked it. Even though i managed to spoil myself about the direction this series will go, I will keep watching despite that x.x For Shizuo if for no one else, he is just epic...

Spoiler

Loved him in the episode where Anri was chased by some Yellow Scarves dudes and The Dollars joined in all together to help her, through cellphones. That scene where he complains about his phone being noisy entire day was priceless. : x

21 hours ago, observaderz said:

still waiting for one punch man season 2 ;)

season 1 is the best 

9/10

I think this will be the next on my list, I've heard nothing but good stuff about OPM.

The most recent anime I finished was Hellsing Ultimate.  The format Is a little different than most, ( 10 episodes - just under an hour a piece ) but I found that quite refreshing more than anything. Really awesome animation style as well. Solid 9/10

Edited by Tomo

• 3 weeks later...

The world god only knows III goddessess arc - felt a little different to the previous seasons but provides a nice change of pace! Great main character with a decent ending, personally feel like It didnt conclude the series as a whole very well though. IMO season 1 was the best 7/10 

Mirai Nikki (Future diary) -wow didn't know what to expect with this one but it was quite a blast plenty of twists to keep things interesting, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. yuno is a fantastic character, makes the show for me! Yuki can be a bit whiny but hey so are most mc's lol.. Would recommend 8.5/10

Tokyo Ghoul Root A- bit dissapointed with this one, kind of a let down from the first season, still good overall definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed the first season :) last episode was rather emotional but concluded the season quite well. 6.5/10

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Not what i expected for fantasy medieval themed anime (more like SAO but without care for background story at all).. But i loved the idea.. the fantasy realm of typical medieval rpg game is mystical, beautiful, serenity.. but the grim reality is given great emphasis here.. how to kill a single goblin is actually not as simple as clicking your mouse.. all reality elements are depicted here.. when you start from nothing you have to go really hard.. kinda like street gangbanging that goblin.. and when you do the blow, morality of killings is also given emphasis..

To Love Ru S1 - good comedy with A LOT of fanservice. Moving on to further seasons currently.

Parasyte The Maxim - Very good action and psychological thriller. Kinda expected it to be more "horror" geared but still great for what it turned out to be.

No Game No Life - I think this is my favorite series I've watched in a long time. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'd recommend to any anime watcher. I look forward to future seasons/movie.

Watamote - I was surprised how much I related to the main character... not sure if that's good or bad, but this series is excellent. However, it did just kinda end open ended and I don't think any S2 is ever going to be made unfortunately.

I just finished Selector Infected/Spread Wixoss. Very impressed. Reminded me a bit of Fate/Kaleid meets Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Parasyte The Maxim - Very good action and psychological thriller. Kinda expected it to be more "horror" geared but still great for what it turned out to be.

No Game No Life - I think this is my favorite series I've watched in a long time. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'd recommend to any anime watcher. I look forward to future seasons/movie.

I also finished Parasyte the Maxim recently. It's quite the anime. Much like DarkGanta, I expected more horror elements, but it was very good for what it was. 

No Game No Life is one of my favorites. The story of two NEET hikikomoris turned extroverts in a new world they are pulled into by chance, filled with action and always keeping you hooked, waiting to find out what challenges BLANK  will face next.

Edited by loopy73
  • Like 1

Finished Hellsing Ultimate last week, really loved it. Loved the characters, the action and the stylish animation, but I was kind of disappointed with how it ended. I thought the voice acting for the dub was excellent, loved the accents.

I finished Kurozuka a few days ago, it was ok. The main character wasn't much of a character at all. The story is told in a somewhat disjointed way but strangely I think that adds to the appeal. The ending was decent. The middle episodes were sort of boring. The first 2 episodes made this anime seem so promising. The fighting animation can be pretty stylish at times.

I watched both Devilman OVAs last night, absolutely loved them both. Loved the main characters, loved the story, the action, everything. The animation was pretty old but so were the OVAs themselves (1987 and 1990).