Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

@Reijin: You're welcome. The first Gintama movie was dubbed years ago, but that's it.

The TV series, second movie, and OVAs/Specials have still not been dubbed, and I doubt they ever will be.

if you do decide to watch the series, I'd go with Rumbel until Episode 165, and then HorribleSubs for the rest.

• Like 1

I finally was able to watch Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods yesterday.

OH. MY. GOD.

That was the FUNNIEST and the MOST AWESOME Dragon Ball Z movie I think I've EVER watch.

20/10

Would re-watch if it airs on Toonami/Adult Swim.

IT'S AMAZING. GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.

Or don't and do whatever you want.

I, for one, LOVED it.

:dribble:

Edited by CardGames
  • Like 1

Akame Ga Kill

8/10. - would've been a solid 10 but the end seemed rushed and chaotic. It's nice to see creators that aren't afraid to kill off characters but whew... tho to be fair, this show never suggested the fairy tale ending from the start. Assassins, a corrupt government and a lot of gore n action. I wonder if there'll be a second season (that being said, i've not read the manga)

Also, hello to all.... i'm a newbie here.

Akame Ga Kill

8/10. - would've been a solid 10 but the end seemed rushed and chaotic. It's nice to see creators that aren't afraid to kill off characters but whew... tho to be fair, this show never suggested the fairy tale ending from the start. Assassins, a corrupt government and a lot of gore n action. I wonder if there'll be a second season (that being said, i've not read the manga)

Also, hello to all.... i'm a newbie here.

There wont be a second season, with them killing off Esdeath, Tatsumi, Leone and the others. It's probably best if you read the manga because right around episode 19 the anime started deviating from the manga due to the fact it caught up to the manga and made up its own ending.

The only chance of seeing more Akame ga kill is if they decide to anime the Prequel/Spin-off manga based around Akame's time pre-night raid. Or if in the future when the manga ends if the mangaka decides to make a new series with Akame doing something else, which is unlikely.

Donten ni warau

7/10

Would give it a higher grade but it was totally rushed and the ending wasn't all that great but I still loved it.

Especially Nishiki <3333333

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Dragon Ball Kai/Dragon Ball Z Kai, finally finishing my rewatch of the Dragon Ball series once and for all.

It may have taken forever, but it reminded me how AMAZING this series is.

As for Kai, it certainly moved much faster without all of the filler. lol.

Either way it's an AMAZING series that is a DEFINITE must watch IMO.

:ewhz:

• 1 month later...

I recently (as in about 4 weeks ago) finished Umineko:When They Cry. 9/10 would be my rating simply because it was left open ended and I don't like when that happens, but I get that they ran out of manga and it probably wasn't popular enough for a S2. Still a great series if you don't mind subs and are into good mystery/thriller/horror type anime.

• 1 month later...

Naoki Urasawa's Monster.

Quite a few people complained about this anime being bad when I made a status update saying I would be watching it.

My opinion?

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Best Mystery anime I've ever watched. I'm not even kidding. I don't understand what the problem with it is but I don't need to understand. I LOVED it.

It's seriously amazing. I DEFINITELY recommend it.

:happy:

Recently finished 2 anime:

- Your lie in April  (seriously cried at the end)

- Golden time  (Good thing this one didn't have sad ending)

Enjoyed both but if i were to rate i will say  8/10 for  Your lie in April  and  6/10 for Golden time.

Edited by dragonamar

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Angel Beats!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. There is just no other words but these to describe how good this anime is. If had known this anime was this good, I would have watched it sooner.

If you haven' seen this yet... GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. I promise you won't regret it.

Anyone know of other animes that are like this one? lol. I might consider trying them out consider how AMAZING this one was.

I'm so glad I decided to watch it.

:haha:

Edited by CardGames
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fate/stay night (7/10): Over-hyped. Didn't start getting good till after episode 12 which was half-way through the season.

Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (Movie Edition) (8/10): Seems to jump around a bunch, I guess that's the side-effect of condensing the entire thing into a single movie. I really enjoyed this once it got to the point that things took a turn for a different route. I can see why they decided to make a TV version of this as it's a much better story than the original; however I'm really not a fan of having 2-3 series all just being different routes of the same story; would have preferred something new.

Akame ga kill - awesome anime, just always depressing as the series goes on due to the lack of - erm, without spoilers, 'people'...those who have seen will know

I loved AgK up until the point where they completely disregard and skip an entire arc of the story and then jump to the next arc which they butcher up to give it an anime-original encoding. I don't remember the episode it went bad but I think it was episode 18 or 19; it was all downhill from that point.

Finished Kill la Kill. It was a pretty good action comedy, though a bit over hyped. I also finished Senran Kagura Ninja Flash. I really enjoyed this series for the comedy aspect as much as the girls and can't wait to play the games. I wish they'd released a physical copy of Senran Kagura Burst here, I hate digital copies :P

• 2 weeks later...