Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi (Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi) English Dub.

10/10

Honestly, It feels weird rating an anime 10 but this one just HOOKED me. It hasn't been since Samurai Champloo or Death Note that I've just, done a marathon viewing of an anime from the first episode.

Enjoyed the buildups, the humor, the characters, loved how they never dragged out the fights. If you haven't watched it, take a viewing. If you are not hooked by the first two episodes....then give it up but for those of you who are, you are not gonna regret it.

I watched 2 within a couple of days so I want to put them both. I usually rate on how much I enjoyed the show rather that on things like artwork, music, VA's, ect...

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 10/10

I had been putting off watching this for awhile and after I had finished it I was disappointed. I loved this so much for the simple fact that every episode had be laughing non stop. I don't know what it was about it but I just loved it. Can't wait for the second season. And just got to say I am a Kuroneko fan. xD

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai 8/10

I don't really know what prompted me to watch this. At the beginning I struggled with my inner self to complete episodes. I am someone that hates dropping something after starting it so I was obligated by myself to finish it. And while the beginning had me perplexed and confused beyond belief. The later episodes started explaining things and I started to enjoy it. While I wish I knew what was going on at the beginning. I will say that I think the show was better off confusing its watchers until the end to give it that mysterious feeling.

Recent days were kinda good:

"High School DxD" HDTVRip in 1280x720, subed by Hiryuu. Entertaining anime. Skipped there and here, but finished till the end. With some downsides, but overall good (7.5/10):

animation (10/10) no complaints here; everything that was shown was good;

story (7/10) hmm... liked the point that there was no big harem involved; two girls loving one character - very good; demons and such - not bad, but story kinda progressed not the way that I wanted it to progress (can't explain more detailed; don't know myself); happy ending - very good; fan service was good, but sometimes too much;

characters (9/10) all of them were good; this time even main one was to my liking;

So wasn't disappointed in it.

".hack//Quantum" BDRip in 1280x720 by Pooba. Three episodes. All of them very good:

animation (10/10) BDRIP quality amazing; characters design just the way I like it;

story (9/10) good one, though remembered watching ".hack//Sign", so story isn't something original; but compared to some other ".hack" franchise series was way up ahead;

characters (10/10) all of them were good, especially Sakuya and that little kitty (can't find his name) [the best part when he started to go rampage!];

Yes, this Ova (or whatever you call it) was truly very good.

• 1 month later...

Deadman Wonderland.

The show gets a 7.5 as is, and could go up to 9.5 with a good sequel.

The show is hardcore, with a lot of good fight scenes and good drama.

The Disappointing part is, however, that events are rushed, and corners are cut in order to wrap the show up quickly. The ending is vague and suggests a second season, hence the possible 9.5

My first post in... forum that was converted in "IPB" (whatever it may be). So many "my lasts anime" are gone :hguit5: .

But, whatever, let's continue...

During last week I was able to finish couple of shows:

"Zetman". My opinion about it: quite boring. Watchable, but nothing very good. Main minus goes for animation: I really wasn't very satisfied with the design of characters. It wasn't very bad (some ladies were really pretty), but I wasn't happy to see how zetman looked, nor how overall design of all characters was. When there were funny or emotional moments, they weren't convincing because of animation. It didn't suit my taste to some particular scenes. Other minus: one stupid character, Kouga Amagi / Alphas. Man, at some point seeing him I felt like watching cartoon for 10 years old. Couldn't stand him. And story... Hmm... average. No more no less. So overall I could rate these series like 6/10 maybe.

"Sankarea" HDTVRip in 1280x720, subed by Doki. What can I say. Very god series: animation (10/10), story (10/10), characters (10/10). Everything was superb, only one tinny - small minus. O.K. Big one: the ending. Really, why they couldn't have finished theses series in normal why, like... I don't know, with normal end. It definitely calls for second season. Why too much of unanswered question; well one, but still. Cliffhanger was to big in my opinion. Either way 10/10 from me. As I believe there will be more of "Sankarea" later. Heard something about OVAs or something. So maybe later they will be able to finish it in more suitable manner.

Latest stream of consciousnesses anime was Azumanga Daioh.

Man. This anime took me by suprise. Another comedy/slice of life classic that I had to check out. I was skeptical at first because it was so old. I'll admit, the visualls do show their age, and every character looks the same if they were bald. That's pretty much the old downside. Everything else was great. This show is 10 times better than Lucky Star. The jokes and gags were actually "funny". There was no senseless talking about food like Lucky Star. I really think Chiyo's VA made the show. All her screams and squeels were downright hilarious. I can defintly see how this became a classic, and definitely recomend it.

Edited by lolrawr

I just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and it actual surprised me with how good it was. Despite the gruesome and confusing nature of the first season by the end of the following seasons they had manage to connect all of the dots and make it fairly light hearted and fulfilling. Easily an 8/10 also Nipahhhhhh