Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

March Comes in Like a Lion was definitely a great one for me. I have a hard time getting into most of anything these days but I binged the entire 44 episodes in less than a week. The last time I went that hard on a show was Rakugo and I think that show's a masterpiece, probably in my top 5. Honestly, 3-gatsu can be a bit uneven especially at the start but it's wonderfully directed stuff and for anyone who hasn't already seen it I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (2009)  –  A truly amazing series and has become of the the standards I will use to measure other series.  I found this remake to be an improvement from the original Fullmetal Alchemist (2003); however, not perfect as there were some aspects that the original did better than the remake (for example some of the the homunculi seemed under- or poorly developed in the remake in comparison to the original, such as Lust).  In summary, Brotherhood isn't exactly perfect; albeit, I support the claims that this is a "must-see" series for anime fans. 

I re-watched Shokugeki no Soma  (Food Wars!), Yakitate!! Japan, and then Toriko. I binge-watched one after the other each night, then switched series to then next when there were no more episodes. After going through a horror anime phase, I just wanted something that pretty was silly, fun action throughout (although the first 2 really weren't "action" as much as "competition"). I couldn't remember any other anime that didn't suddenly turn serious or sad at the end. I'm on the hunt for more. I just need more cleansing, stupid, fun, action.

After writing this, I just realized these were all food anime I've been watching for months; and I wondered why I gained so much weight...but I'm working on it...slowly.🤐❌🍕🍨     ☑️🥦🥗

• 3 months later...

The Promised Neverland finished airing on Toonami.

Honestly... I feel like this was a pretty overrated series. Don't take this the wrong way though. I'm not saying it's a bad series, because it's not. It's a pretty decent series. It just took way to long for the series to actually get good. 8 episodes. That's too long of a wait. An anime should take, at most, 5 episodes to actually get good. So it's not that I didn't like the series because I did. It just ended up being somewhat overrated by everyone and it took 8 episodes to actually get good. 😓

Also... is Toonami freaking serious with Food Wars? MEGA HARD PASS. 😑

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, CardGames said:

Part 1 of Sword Art Online: Alicization finished airing on Toonami last night.

I'll be honest... this has been the BEST SAO season since S1 IMO. Just AMAZING in general. I can only hope this continues whenever Part 2 starts airing. 😅

It's not that hard to be the best SAO season when everything prior was mostly garbage.

The namesake SAO arc lasted for only 8 episodes not counting the 6 random side-story episodes tossed in that made the series time skip every episode.

Then it moved on to Alfheim which reduced Asuna from one of the top fighters into nothing more than a damsel in distress getting sexually assaulted. From this point the show became all about Kirito's harem. Even Kirito's cousin who was raised like a sister to him wants to bang him.

Then it went to a 3rd game in which Kirito manages to go from n00b to OP in no time again and somehow goes into a gun fight with a lightsaber and come out on top.

Then it jumps back to the second game for some light hearted fun before the season ends.

So yeah Alicization is the first arc that actually took it's time, laid out the world, didn't jump around, and didn't have Kirito taking a Sword to a Gun fight. It's also an arc that is going to stick around for 4 entire cours, when no arc before it lasted more than 1 in a row.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...