Dir en grey

Pandemonia

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never call Kyo cute, lol. He'll hate you for life. Hot's okay though, lol.

I love diru!! I've been to their concert twice, and although both times I wasn't able to be in the mosh, I did have fun getting to be interactive with the crowd. During their second concert and during intermission, people in the mosh were being loud. So I began clapping to the beat of "dir en Grey". I was in the very back--up against the wall--and my clap travelled all the way down to the mosh area, where they began to stomp.

I have every album of theirs...except for their singles, regretfully (but that;'s what the internet is for, lol).

Eh, I got kinda tired of them as of late. I got a t-shirt with an anime style picture of Die saying "I'm a fucking rock star! Bitch!", which I wear proudly now. xD Die and Toshiya have always been the coolest in my opinion. As for their music, I think it's gone downhill since Withering to Death. Gauze was their best album I thought. With songs like Cage, Raison D'etre, Zan, Yokan and all, it had to be. xD

They've gotten disappointingly crap live these days. They just don't seem to enjoy playing live anymore.

So, I've moved onto favouriting other JRock bands, like MUCC, Gazette, Kagerou and 12012. :)

Guest Disciple

I haven't listened to them in a good while. It depends on my mood. They've gotten a bit old to me. I think it's because of the fact that I listened to them a bit too much. But yeah, they're still great. Marrow of a Bone album was really good.

• 2 weeks later...
Dir en grey is a japanese visual kei bad. This means that they're a japanese band tat rely on their style and lyrics to get noticed. But that doesn't mean that they aren't any good. Dir en grey is a great band that went from punkish and alternative beats like JESSICA, Embryo, Drain Away and Yokan, to gothic and metal, like their songs Merciless Cult, Obscure, Garbage and Spilled Milk.

The band is a very stylish band, and the way they dress in certain videos can sometimes catch the eye of the person watching them. They base their songs on suicide, life, death, life of society, and sometimes they even base their songs on sex and self mutilation. They do seem like an emo band, but nonetheless, they're a very good band, and worth listening to if you don't mind trying to tolerate the vocals for a while until you get used to it. Most Americans can find it hard to get used to them.

Hmmm....never heard of them......oh well.

Hmmm....never heard of them......oh well.

Frickin awesome XD Sounds like something I would do XP

Anyway. In the subject anyway.

I got myself some musics from them from a friend. I actually used to preffer Gazette, but now...I definately preffer Gazette.

Even though their sound's way out of this world, the best heavy metal's from the northic countries. You notice the difference so much when you hear both in different occasions. I dislike the vocalist's appearances. I actually preffer Cross Dressers other than stuff like...well...that.

I dunno if Dir en Grey cross dress. Never looked into it.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW awsome, thats great for them!

yeah it's totally sad, if your band wear masks and or cross dresses you get really misunderstood (not saying that your are already not a total lunatic).slipknot got me into masks and dir en grey got me into makeup and not cross dressing.all the makeup and hair is great but intentionally looking like a girl is kinda going too far especially when you acutally are so feminine that it's not something that is hard for you to do.

http://mog.com/pictures/wikipedia/435250/Malice_Mizer_-_Au_Revoir_01.jpg

thats what i mean and thats what I dont like.The main reason for it is besides going to far is that I love growing hair and I can only imagine the awsome pain of having a beard!

http://www.bigtakeover.com/images/140.jpg

i like that a little better because Kyo just looks awsome and toshiya is the only one who looks like a girl

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply ^^

Anyways, I like most of Diru's work, not everything. I love everything up from six Ugly, and some songs off Kisou and Macabre. And Ain't Afraid to Die of course ^^

My fave songs are RED...[em], The Final, Bottom of the Death Valley, The Pledge and Clever Sleazoid.

And, I'm really looking forward to Dozing Green. To bad the live version of ASOM isn't acoustic, like they said it would be xD

• 2 weeks later...

Met them at the Concert in LA, which was really badass. I stand high compare to Kyo and i was cracking up. He's pretty cool and ran into Toshiya seeming like he was looking for something. He has a very drunken laugh. During the performance, Die was throwing out some of his guitar pics at the crowd and the fans fought each other for one.