A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun/Accelerator (To Aru Majutsu no Index & To Aru Kagaku no Railgun/Accelerator)

Koby

Japanese: To Aru Majutsu no Index & To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Translation: A Certain Magical Index & A Certain Scientific Railgun

To Aru Majutsu no Index was 24 episodes long and just recently finished airing in Japan. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is a spin-off from Light Novels. It is expected that sometime later To Aru Majutsu no Index will get a season two.

Anyhow, let the discussions roll. xD

IMO the first 10 episodes were top-notch.. from there the series was just disappointment after disappointment.. :'(

• 7 years later...

With all the seasons out now I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this anime.

As far as timeline goes, I think It should be watched like  so;

Index (s1)  > Railgun > Railgun S > Index (s2)

As the whole arc  progresses, each of the character's backstories are explored in detail.

I'm about halfway through season two and I feel I have quite a good understanding of what the motivation behind all of the main characters are.

Between that, the overall story, and the concept, I personally love this anime

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure how to take that tbh. Was it a smart@## answer? Next year? Or did you mean the fall anime season? I also really hope to see another season of Railgun, alot of people rank it behind Index but in my humble opinion it's on equal footing, possibly even a rung higher due to it's characterization, that and sisters, Saten and Uiharu plus Index deals more with the Magic side while Railgun deals more with the Science side which I always found to be more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Spacecreepkitan said:

I'm not sure how to take that tbh. Was it a smart@## answer? Next year? Or did you mean the fall anime season? I also really hope to see another season of Railgun, alot of people rank it behind Index but in my humble opinion it's on equal footing, possibly even a rung higher due to it's characterization, that and sisters, Saten and Uiharu plus Index deals more with the Magic side while Railgun deals more with the Science side which I always found to be more interesting.

I don't know why you'd think it was a smartass comment. I was just answering the question honestly. It really is airing next season, as-in in the Fall 2018 season once this current Summer 2018 anime season is over.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36432/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_III

For an exact premiere date: October 6, 2018.

Lol, it was just the plain matter of fact way it was stated had me a bit confuzzled, wasn't sure if it was a serious reply or if it was akin to saying "it'll air when it airs" like the next season will come out when the next season comes out. I feel like it juss seems like I'm rambling and not at all clearly clarifying why I thought that heh. But I'm super pumped to know it's hitting in October, now if we can get more Railgun that'd be nice, I'd be pulling for Accelerator too but the source material honestly sucked. Hope I didn't come across as abrassive, I honestly thought you might be putting me on.

Edited by Spacecreepkitan

• Koby changed the title to A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun (To Aru Majutsu no Index & To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)

Honestly the biggest worry I had for this season was with the character art department, as Index II was a considerable step down; but with what was briefly shown in the latest PV it looks like the character art is up there with Heavy Object and Railgun S's stronger character art.

Index I and II do seem a bit rough now that I look back, mostly because it was made in 720p and is close to 10 years old; or it will be when the Index III anime airs shortly after the original Anime airdate in 2008. Also Hi, i'm a Index community fan from elsewhere, looking to reach out a bit. Came here from denzels work on the dual audio package actually.

5 minutes ago, Inverti said:

Is Index S3 joining this simuldub season? It's hard to say. Currently, Funimation has erroneously listed the Bunny Girl anime on their simuldub page. Even if Index S3 doesn't get simuldubbed this season, I'm still hoping for it to eventually get dubbed.

Index 3 isn't even being Simulcast on any platform with English subtitles, so doesn't seem likely to be Simuldubbed at this rate.

Currently only way to watch it is fansubs.

Crunchyroll is streaming it in select countries, but they don't have English subtitles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, AOmundson said:

I don't even know if I can finish this season. JC Staff has butchered this adaptation so heavily that they're making Tokyo Ghoul's adaptation not look that bad.

I actually agree. This season is a mess of rushed pacing and feels like we're missing a lot as we just jump around to plot points at whiplash speeds. It's confusing at best, and If I wasn't already a hundred episodes into this franchise counting the spin-off, I'd have already dumped the show like I did with Tokyo Ghoul:re's terrible adaptation.

• Like 1

I felt like I had not watched the previous episode when I got to Episode 4... had to go back and confirm that I had indeed seen it (don't worry Taiga, I still trust you). The animation quality is also terrible. Scenery and buildings are amazing, but the actual characters... feels like they have just been slapped onto the background. There are also so many inconsistencies as well. Car doors magically closing between scenes, injuries disappearing between cut scenes and finally but not least, smashed florescent light tubes having incredible regenerative powers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Koby changed the title to A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun/Accelerator (To Aru Majutsu no Index & To Aru Kagaku no Railgun/Accelerator)