Cosplay

Apollo

Have any of you done a cosplay before, whether it was at a convention or just for fun or whatever?

If so, who have you cosplayed as, and who would you like to do in the future? Do you make you costumes yourself or do you buy the full costume online?

If not, who would you like to cosplay as if ever you did one day decide to do one?

As for myself, I've never actually cosplayed before. I've never been to an anime convention before, so I never really had a reason to cosplay. But I am fascinated with it, and there are several characters I would die to dress up as:

Fai from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (all time favorite manga/anime character ever)

Allen, Lavi, or Komui from D.Gray-man. I'd really love to do Lavi the most, though.

Hanataro from Bleach. I love him!

Any guy from Vampire Knight, but especially Shiki or Ichijo.

And me and my friend always said it would be fun to do Jesse and James from Pokemon! Obviously, I'd be James. lol

I'm sure there are more I'd like to do, but I just can't think of all of them at the moment.

As for video game characters:

Vincent, Rufus, or Reno from FFVII

Squall from FFVIII (or KH, since his outfit and hair are even cooler than the original)

Balthier from FFXII

Zexion, Roxas, or Demyx from KHII

Protagonist from Persona 3

Yosuke or Teddie (human version) from Persona 4

Vayne or Roxas from Mana Khemia

Again, there are some I'm forgetting, I'm sure.

Never been to an Anime Convention.. and never Cosplayed before either.

If I ever did...

I'd like to cosplay Squall from Final Fantasy 8, Hayato from Hitman Reborn, Lavi from D.Gray-man, Tsukasa from .hack, Riku from Kingdom Hearts 2, Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin, Fayt from Star Ocean 3, Dart from The Legend of Dragoon, Setsuna from Gundam 00, and Death the Kid from Soul Eater.

xD But I'll probably never cosplay. lol.

Ah, I totally forgot about Soul Eater!!!

I would love to be Soul or Death the Kid. Actually, I have two friends who are girls, and I have been saying that one day we should do either Soul, Maka, and Blair or Kid, Liz, and Patty. That would be awesome.

I'd rather do Soul, though. It's hard to find a decent Kid wig. Some people make the white stripes look really lame. Plus, I rather Soul's clothes. But I'd make a good Kid, too, since I'm pretty OCD. lol

• 4 years later...

Sorry this is such an old thread, but it's the best cosplay thread I could find.

Have any of you done a cosplay before, whether it was at a convention or just for fun or whatever?
I've done a few cosplays now. I try to make a new cosplay for every convention I go to, so I can improve my skills.

If so, who have you cosplayed as, and who would you like to do in the future?
Past cosplays: Ariel (The Little Mermaid), Pyun Tanaka (Magical Witch Punie-chan), Tokiya Ichinose (Uta no Prince-sama), and Zero Suit Samus Aran (SSBB/Metroid).
This year's cosplay ideas: Cain (Starfighter), Yato (Noragami), Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary), and Clear (DRAMAtical Murder).
Future/dream cosplays: Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club), Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening), Melfina (Outlaw Star), Midna (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess), etc, etc. There are soooo many.

Do you make you costumes yourself or do you buy the full costume online?
I prefer to make the costume myself. Though sometimes, I have to buy pieces and alter them. I have a very limited sewing ability, so it's usually easier and faster.

• Like 1

I cosplayed as Shinku from Rozen Maiden last year, as Yugi the year before, and Vageta once before too.

I make the costumes with my parents, I will not make a costume unless it looks acurate to the characters oufit in the anime, manga, game ect.

So I make it exact, that is why I don't buy cosplay costumes.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma
  • Like 1

I make the costumes with my parents, I will not make a costume unless it looks acurate to the characters oufit in the anime, manga, game ect.

So I make it exact, that is why I don't buy cosplay costumes.

Exactly this! When you make a costume, you can make it exactly how you want, and make it to your measurements so you're sure it's going to fit. I always feel like it would be a bit of a gamble buying a pre-made costume. I don't even like buying shoes online because I'm afraid they won't fit! (Though I've had some really good luck with that, thank goodness.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have cosplayed a few times:

Ed Elric from FMA

Vamdemon/Myotismon from Digimon *doing this one again at London Comic Con next month*

Kiriha 'Christopher' Aonuma from Digmon Xros/Fusion.

I do it for fun mostly.

Cool, Beelzemon from Tamers is on my list of costumes to make, I have a long list, and need to decide which one to do next.

Though I might do a castlevania one next.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma
  • Like 1

I finally cut my wig for my Yato (Noragami) cosplay the other night. I was so afraid I'd ruin it, but I think it turned out pretty well!

Glad that it worked! You'll have to show us your cosplay when you get a chance!

Also to be on topic, I've never cosplayed as a character, other than "Random DnD Guardsman #42". I have full suits of chainmail so it makes it pretty easy to work with.

I need to make a bunch of fighting robot costumes for a movie I am making of Tetsujin 28 go and Giant Robo, also costumes for a Yu-Gi-Oh! movie for all series, and a Kamen Rider one.

Home Movies of course, I also plan to weare them for conventions, holloween, and when I just want to weare a costume.

It might take a while to make all those and make them look like exact to the characters, so I defenantly will be bussy.

• 4 months later...

I didn't get any pictures at Colossalcon after all, waaah. But I did talk to somebody today who agreed to take some at Youmacon in October, so maybe then!

Also, I finished another cosplay last night: Ranmaru Kurosaki from Uta no Prince-sama. It wasn't on my list of future cosplays, but I was asked to join an UtaPri group for Youmacon, and the character I usually cosplay (Tokiya) was already taken.

I reaaally want to do Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening next, but it's probably waaay too hard for me at this point. I just figured out how to work my sewing machine and managed to sew a couple simple things. I probably should work my way up there. -3-

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

Omg, I started this thread five and a half years ago and totally forgot it existed. Thanks for reviving it, everyone! It warms my heart to see my old threads. Haha.

Looking back at my original post, I am facepalming about a couple of the characters I had said I wanted to cosplay as. I don't know what I was thinking!

Even after all these years, I still haven't cosplayed or even been to a con. What a shame. Maybe one day. But I'm not getting any younger!!!

And yes, I'd love to see cosplay pictures!!!

Edited by Apollo

• 3 months later...