Speech Ideas

Apollo

Okay, so I have to give a speech next week for speech class, and I still haven't picked a topic. It has to be informative, 3-5 minutes long. It has to be short, sweet, and to the point, meaning I can't use any topics that are too general. Oh, and for this speech, we can't use visual aids yet. So I can't choose a topic that would be better with a visual aid.

Any ideas for topics?

Uh... let's see...

I can't really think of any appropriate topics for the paper but... is there anything you know a lot about that most of the other people in the class don't or might not know a lot about? You said in another post you are going to college for chemistry... are there a lot of chem people in your speech class, if not, then use something from chem as the topic or something?

*shrugs* hope I was able to at least help a little with that.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing something chem related. I don't really want to give a lecture though, and I know a lot of people don't really like chemistry all that much.

I was thinking about doing alchemy, maybe a brief history of it, what alchemists did (it was more than just trying to make gold out of lead), and how it contributed to our modern day chemistry.

That way, it will be related to chemistry but still somewhat interesting to the others.

Thanks, Amrehlu, I'll keep that in mind!

Okay, if I end up doing it on alchemy, I'll post it up.

I'm also thinking about doing a vampire speech or maybe something about anime, manga, video games, etc.

I just don't know...

And then, I can't even worry about the speech yet because I have a calculus II exam in two days!!!