Remember saturday morning cartoons?

shyguysteve

Why'd they quit doing it anyways? I am all grown up with a daughter of my own and I do not wish to suject her to crappy cartoon. I want my saturday morning shows back. The stuff that had every kid staring at the tv until lunch time. The only stuff (beside's certain holidays) that a kid will (on their own) wake up before thier parents.

I remember my mom getting mad at me for waking up early on saturday but refusing to wake up early on school days.

• 2 weeks later...

My Saturday morning cartoons were in the 50's. 7:00AM until noon - in B&W - on NBC - on a tiny TV screen, but we loved them. Popeye, Felix the Cat, Farmer Al Falfa, Bosco, the time before Hanna-Barberra. (The Flintstones debuted on Friday primetime.) Sure, some of the characters would advertise, blurring the line between content and commercials, but, even as 7-year-olds, we knew the difference. Maybe it helped us grow a B.S. detector. Besides, so what if they were plugging Cheerios? I already had a bowl of them in front of me. The most egregious advertising, however, was when the Flintstones did Winston commercials.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

do i remember saturday morning cartoons? of course i do!

when i stayed round my nans it was only her mentioning the cartoons that managed to get us out of bed really early XD (she used to get us up at 8 on a saturday... the horror!)

loved coming down to watch cartoons and munch on cereal... those were the days ;P