What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

Both great games, Portal can be a bit of a challenge at times, the game felt a bit short to me though, although I did finigh it in about 2 hours so that could be why lol

Yeah, the first Portal is pretty short. It's really fun though! This is my second playthrough, haha.

Cool, the final level is the only real hard one but you get used to that easily and quickly lol, it is enjoyable though. I have yet to buy portal 2. I'm playing unreal tournament right now and some planet side 2

I'm finally playing Assassin's Creed (PS3) for the first time ever, it's every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be :D!

Sadly I have noticed at least two bugs :(.

1.) Sometimes the loading screen for the animus never "finishes/loads". I'm talking about the one where you can move Altair around it, not the loading bar thingies.

2.) Sometimes the in-game movement "slows down" or straight out "freezes".

Does anyone know how to fix these two bugs :)?

• Like 1

I'm finally playing Assassin's Creed (PS3) for the first time ever, it's every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be :D!

1.) Sometimes the loading screen for the animus never "finishes/loads". I'm talking about the one where you can move Altair around it, not the loading bar thingies.

The second one is just hardware limitations combined with what was probably an unoptimized port from ubisoft causing the framerate to dip down, nothing you can do about that other than playing it on a capable pc instead. The first one sounds like an issue that was fixed in a patch, do you have the lastest patch installed? I think that helped with some framerate issues as well.

Strange, I've never had those bugs on my ps3 version, hopefully it'll go away after a while or something

Sadly that has yet to happen.

The second one is just hardware limitations combined with what was probably an unoptimized port from ubisoft causing the framerate to dip down, nothing you can do about that other than playing it on a capable pc instead.

The first one sounds like an issue that was fixed in a patch, do you have the lastest patch installed? I think that helped with some framerate issues as well.

I'm using an used 160 GB PS3, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been cracked, jailbreaked, or modded etc. The game is a legit & official brand new PS3 Blu-Ray Disc btw.

As for playing the game on the PC, I refuse to illegally download video games, plus my mom's PC is fucking ancient, it can't play 720p period, even with the lowest of audio/video settings etc. I can't buy the official PC version either, mom is broke, I don't have a job, and no one else to help with money.

Do I need internet access for my PS3, to download the patch? Or can I download the patch with the PC?

Edited by Toddler Naruto

I'm honestly not sure if you can manually download patches from the pc with a ps3, but yes, you need an internet connection on the ps3 to download patches automatically.

No, you misunderstand. I want to download the PS3 patches with the PC, then move the PS3 patches from the PC to an External HDD, hook up the External HDD to the PS3, and then open/activate the patches with my PS3.

I'd update the game/patches etc with my PS3, but we don't have a router (wired/wireless), and I lost the ethernet cable that came with the PS3 (don't think it was long enough anyways).

As for buying a router and/or ethernet cable, that's not an option sadly, we're broke, mom hasn't gone to work in months, due to severe depression and anxiety issues.

Edited by Toddler Naruto

I'm honestly not sure if you can manually download patches from the pc with a ps3, but yes, you need an internet connection on the ps3 to download patches automatically.

No, you misunderstand. I want to download the PS3 patches with the PC, then move the PS3 patches from the PC to an External HDD, hook up the External HDD to the PS3, and then open/activate the patches with my PS3.

I'd update the game/patches etc with my PS3, but we don't have a router (wired/wireless), and I lost the ethernet cable that came with the PS3 (don't think it was long enough anyways).

As for buying a router and/or ethernet cable, that's not an option sadly, we're broke, mom hasn't gone to work in months, due to severe depression and anxiety issues.

Sorry man, I don't think you can, after some looking you can only do this with firmware updates. The one or two work arounds I saw all required you to have internet on the ps3.

• Like 1

I'd update the game/patches etc directly with my PS3 via internet connection, but we don't have a router (wired/wireless), and I lost the ethernet cable that came with the PS3 (don't think it was long enough anyways).

Sorry man, I don't think you can, after some looking you can only do this with firmware updates. The one or two work arounds I saw all required you to have internet on the ps3.

Sigh. I guess I'll have to hope I have enough money in Amazon Gift Cards after Christmas and my birthday then, to purchase a router and/or ethernet cable.

Thanks for all of your help idl12 :)!

Lol l4d 2 is a good game, I found the first one to be better though. I've been playing the War Z mostly and a lot of killing floor

Well, first one was better (for me as well) because it was first of its kind really. It is like almost with all games (Dead Space - Dead Space 2; GTA3 - GTA Vice City, San Andreas; Alien - (can't recall how second one is called); and so on). You feel much more enjoyment when you see something for the first time, though when the second one comes... Well, you still feel happy, but as you already have seen something similar your enjoyment isn't so big as it was when you played something for the first time. With L4D 2 is the same. Though I feel happy playing it, L4D gave me more happiness back then, because before that I wasn't playing anything like it.

• Like 1