What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

~~~ Sword of Vermilion (Genesis)

A retro RPG classic; although I suppose I use the word ‘classic’ loosely since not all that many people liked it. I remember playing small amounts of the game a long time ago, but I’m now more than two thirds into the game. It was pretty damn hard at first, but now it’s a breeze. Takes a very long time to level-up initially, not to mention getting good spells. In any case, there are few RPGs on the Genesis and it was far past time to give this one a go.

~~~ Dragon Quest III (SNES Remake)

An excellent fan-translation of this game has been out for a while now. I recently conquered the DQ II Remake and am now about three quarters or so into Dragon Quest III. It has been a lot of fun, and gotta love the Gambling Arenas and Pachisi mini-games. Sadly as yet there is still no fan-translation of the PSX Remake of DQ IV, so I’ll have to play the DS instalment instead.

I’ve got a ton of other games ‘on hold’, but I plan on resuming my play-throughs of Vanguard Bandits (PSX TRPG) and La Pucelle Tactics (PS2 TRPG) before starting any new games. I suppose Retro-Gaming is the theme of this post. ;)