What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

• 3 weeks later...

Finished up The World Ends With You Final Remix. New Day flat out teased TWEWY2 but it's never happening (so why in the hell did they tease it in the first place?)

I haven't fully recovered from this and am still slightly annoyed with this but I've already moved on to Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Freaking fun so far. EXCEPT THE FLYING LEVELS. THOSE CAN BURN IN A FIRE.

• 1 month later...

I finished up Spyro Reignited Trilogy and have finally moved on to playing Smash Ultimate for myself. I went ahead and got all of the DLC as well.

It's fun. I'm just bad at it. Which is fine because I'm only playing it for fun anyway. It's just taking way to long to get all of the characters. 😑

P.S.: If you want to play me that's fine. I'm just bad so expect to kick my ass. PM for Friend Code I guess.

• 1 month later...

Just finished the TemTem campaign, will probably take a break until the game has gotten some content patches but I enjoyed my time with it. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pokemon yellow on Gameboy Color, I never watched anything past season 1 so any of the new games that added new pokemon never interested me, most kids my age stopped watching it after Season 1 too but it was extremely popular in school during that time. 

I'm in the middle of a Spyro Reignited playthrough, lots of nostalgia since its one of the first console games I ever played back on the PS1 and the first game series I ever fully completed. I Never tried any of the new Spyro games after the original trilogy, I didn't even know there were other Spyro games until recently but it looks like they had completely different gameplay anyway. 

After that I'm going to (hopefully) slowly go though my steam backlog starting with Atelier Alchemist of the Dusk DX 3-part game series that I bought in January and haven't touched.

Edited by Lightstylez

IT HAS BEGUN

I finished Smash Ultimate to my liking... so... I have finally started playing Kingdom Hearts 3 for myself and I will decide for myself on if the game is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT or not.

I can't say that much right now. I was only able to get through the beginning tutorial and a small portion of Olympus

I will say this though... IT LOOKS REALLY NICE. 😍

• 3 weeks later...

I kept hearing too much about it and someone told me about a demo and I luckily found it.

I played the Nier Automata demo last night. How come no one told me about this game before now? lol. That was probably the most fun I've had playing a game since I played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Expect me to to play the full version at some point in the future. Eventually. in a year in 2021. lol

Here are some more games I keep hearing about so feel free to try your best to recommend and/or convince me to get them. I already tried looking for some demos for them.

Hollow Knight (no demo. It's listed as 8th Hardest Nintendo Switch game so that turns me away. I don't like anything difficult)

Trails of Cold Steel games (there's only a demo for the 3rd game. Apparently it's similar to Persona sort of. But I've also heard that this is hard as well)

Xenoblade Chronicle games (I keep hearing about these games every so often. No demo either. Not due to Smash Ultimate. But the 'time shenanigans' turns me away because this is what seems to have ruined the Kingdom Hearts series. But I don't know anything about them clearly.)

47 minutes ago, CardGames said:

I played the Nier Automata demo last night. How come no one told me about this game before now? lol. That was probably the most fun I've had playing a game since I played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Expect me to to play the full version at some point in the future. Eventually. in a year in 2021. lol

They just announced that Nier Replicant will be getting remastered too. 😃

48 minutes ago, CardGames said:

Trails of Cold Steel games (there's only a demo for the 3rd game. Apparently it's similar to Persona sort of. But I've also heard that this is hard as well)

You heard wrong. There is difficulty settings you can choose and most people play on Nitemare so they can have a "harder" time, but easy and normal modes are an extreme cakewalk.

Cold Steel is easy to "break" in the sense that each of them have ways of making yourself near invincible if you go out of your way to do so. Like setting up characters to have 100% Evasion, aka Evade tanks. Or setting up characters to dish out "delay" on enemies so much that they never even get a turn to go before you wipe them out, etc.

In Cold Steel 3 they've lessened the ability to become an Evade Tank or extreme Delayer, at least so far from what I've seen, but they've introduced Brave Orders which makes bosses a cake walk. Altina has a Brave Order that makes ALL your party 100% invincible for 4 turns and it reflects the damage back at the enemy so they get hurt with their own attacks.

22 hours ago, Koby said:

They just announced that Nier Replicant will be getting remastered too. 😃

You heard wrong. There is difficulty settings you can choose and most people play on Nitemare so they can have a "harder" time, but easy and normal modes are an extreme cakewalk.

Cold Steel is easy to "break" in the sense that each of them have ways of making yourself near invincible if you go out of your way to do so. Like setting up characters to have 100% Evasion, aka Evade tanks. Or setting up characters to dish out "delay" on enemies so much that they never even get a turn to go before you wipe them out, etc.

In Cold Steel 3 they've lessened the ability to become an Evade Tank or extreme Delayer, at least so far from what I've seen, but they've introduced Brave Orders which makes bosses a cake walk. Altina has a Brave Order that makes ALL your party 100% invincible for 4 turns and it reflects the damage back at the enemy so they get hurt with their own attacks.

Looks like I might be getting into Nier at just the right time again. Just like what happened when I got into Persona. lol.

I appreciate the attempt to calm my nerves on difficulty. It doesn't matter much right now though with me having no funds though. So it's something I can try to do when the prevailing circumstances calm down and I (hopefully) obtain another job.

Edited by CardGames

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Yo Kai Watch 3 and my Nintendo 3DS in general last night.

Really fun game honestly. The tactical stuff will probably help prepare me for Digimon Survive. At least a little anyway. A little help is better than no help at all.

I got the Final Fantasy Yo Kai's in the game too. So I'm pretty much satisfied. RIP 3DS. I knew thee well.

Regardless... I'm officially moving back to the Switch and will be playing Yoshi's Crafted World.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to think that I'm getting through my backlog too quickly. Which is what I was afraid of happening when this pandemic started. So I may try to force myself to slow down a little bit. How I'll do that... well... I'm not sure yet. 😖

Regardless... I finished Yoshi's Crafted World last night. Cute game. Last world was pretty dark for a Yoshi game though. 😮

So I'm back to the PS4 now and have already started playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. I will be attempting the Platinum because it seemed doable for me. We'll see how that goes I guess.

It's been quite a LONG time since I've played the original Trilogy of Ace Attorney games though so it'll probably be good to revisit them.

5 hours ago, CardGames said:

I'm starting to think that I'm getting through my backlog too quickly. Which is what I was afraid of happening when this pandemic started. So I may try to force myself to slow down a little bit. How I'll do that... well... I'm not sure yet. 😖

I wish I could clear out my backlog entirely, but that is never going to happen as it's far too large. Same with my anime ptw backlog, which is nearly 200 series again.

Anyways I beat Cold Steel 3 a over a week ago. Ended up playing it about 135 hours, making it the longest between CS1-CS3.

FGilEbM.jpg

I started Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and was enjoying it, but damn it's really punishing if you don't get the dodge timing just right. The Chapter 1: Side Story that you have to solo with the guy in the White hood, I forget his name.... and you can't change his equipment or anything during this part was actually pretty tough as a result. I kept failing to dodge perfectly and thus had to retry the segment about a dozen times. When I finally managed to beat it I had used up all my healing items and only ended up winning because I realized I had some ultimate attack on him I hadn't been using which wiped out all the adds on the boss fight making it go by a bit easier. But yeah... definitely gotta figure out the proper dodge timing. It would help if my daughter wasn't always distracting me. Perhaps this will be something I play while she sleeps and do some practice dodging on some of the weak enemies. Game is fun, and it seems like it'd be really easy if I got that aspect down.

vj1eHMl.jpg

In the meantime, I jumped back to Light Fairytale: Episode 1. This game was fun, although extremely short. Ended up beating Haru's story in about 3 hours. Now I'm about to play Kuroko's story in a New Game run (shame you can't carry over your equipment and shit). Hopefully episode 2 lets us load our saves from this one. Episode 2 is due to release sometime Q2 2020, so basically pretty much any time now. Actually discovered a bug in episode 1 that was apparently introduced in the last update to the game and it made Kuroko's story unplayable, but I reported it and the dev fixed it in less than 8 hours and then credited me in the update for the bug report: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/539330/view/2206146856288096061 Pretty cool. It's also great to see that the dev actively supports the game and is quick to respond and patch issues.

I still have plans to get to Resident Evil 3 Remake, but that keeps seemingly getting pushed back. Was waiting for a friend to play the game with me like we did RE2 Remake, but that obviously isn't going to happen so I'll play it by myself.

• 5 weeks later...

I finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy last night and even managed to pull off getting the Platinum too!! 😲

So I went ahead and started playing the next game in my list. Let's just say... I'll be 'filled with determination' lol.

Yep. I started playing Undertale (Switch version). Don't even try to get me to do Genocide. After seeing what that mode is like... NO. JUST NO. To freaking hard. So it'll be Pacifist only for me.

Well that didn't take long. Although I suppose it is technically a short game.

Yeah... I finished Undertale (Switch version) last night. Pacifist & True Pacifist. I'll admit that this game was probably the funniest game I've ever played. Other than that... I can't really say much else. I get why everyone likes it so much though. But for me, personally, I wouldn't put it in a 'top tier' of games I've ever played. Possibly not even in a top tier of games I've played this year (we'll see though. It's only July)

The reason may be because I don't really like 'bullet hells' and aren't good at them either. Still funny, cute & unique though that's for sure.

I fully intend on starting Final Fantasy Type 0 HD tonight.