What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

19 hours ago, Spacecreepkitan said:

Woahhh, language! Anyhow I'm playing lots of sims 3 again.

We'll say whatever the ZART we NARF want to!

And playing DA:O. Still don't get how a game released almost a decade ago seems stabler and more fun than the two that followed it.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:46 AM, senlar said:

All of my friends have played through the second one already, but I still need to play through the first...you may have just convinced me.

Exactly what's the hook in that sort of game? Not a sarcastic "it sucks", asked seriously. When I watched the trailers it didn't really look that interesting to me but I'm seeing lots of "man this game is great" all over. Is it exploration? Combat? Lots of flashy powers?

On 9/10/2018 at 1:18 AM, Llam said:

Exactly what's the hook in that sort of game? Not a sarcastic "it sucks", asked seriously. When I watched the trailers it didn't really look that interesting to me but I'm seeing lots of "man this game is great" all over. Is it exploration? Combat? Lots of flashy powers?

It's the lore, the mountains of dialogue, the dozens of different ways you can go about doing a given task ( burn down door, knock down door, pick lock and stuff like luring enemies into oil or puddles to fry or electrocute them with your spells)  The entire world is just very detailed and lends itself beautifully to story telling

on the 3ds:

shin megami tensei 4 - im up to lvl 40 but my 3ds needs repairs 

ps4:

final fantasy 15 - ive barely started

wii:

skies of arcadia - got a port for the gamecube that still works

ps2: 

shadow of the colosus - im only on the second colosus

ps3:

disgaea 4 - finished!!!

PC:

starcraft 2 - ive just defeated the elder zerg 

----------

games i want 

breathe of the wild, mario odyssey, horizon zero dawn, and persona 5 

fav of all time: pheonix wright series all of it

Edited by wolphx

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing through persona 5. I borrowed it from a friend in February--it was pretty hard to get into/I wasn't expecting a "glorified" visual novel. In fact, I only just passed the actual date in real life (I'm in Nov. now). I was joking for a while about how I was playing it in real time :P. It's grown on me quite a bit though.

I definitely think it's a bit silly that saving is so infrequent in the "normal" difficulty. Makes some sense for hard since the point is that you should gear/equip personas appropriately for the dungeon. But I gave up on doing it in hard after I realized I just wanted to see the story and losing 30 minutes every time I lost a fight was going to prevent me from ever finishing. As for the story, it's been OK but dear god--the entire thing could probably be summarized in like ~3-ish hours? I'm 80 hours in!

OTOH, the game feels really unique to me having mostly played western games. I really like it's style: how consistent/flashy/opinionated the art is in the UI, that they used text messaging for communication, the sound effects during combat, the actual art for all of the personas, etc. I think those are all amazing and have made it worth playing so far. But boy was it hard to get into coming from a world where I was complaining about how the save files seemed unnecessarily large or an ability seemed overpowered/poorly balanced. This game is like "fuck all of that--we're doing our own thing and you're gonna like it." I do!