How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm old enough to have played FF3 (FF6 in Japan) on the Super Nintendo. But playing FF7 when it first came out was my most amazing gaming experience ever! The end of disk 1 (I'll leave out the spoilers) was the most epic moment in gaming history, ever! I know the newer generations have mixed feelings about FF7, but to have experienced it when it first came out was a special thing that's never been duplicated since. The music, the epic storyline, the characters, and then Sephiroth, the coolest bad guy in video game history!

FF8 had weak game-play, but the story was epic. The characters were amzing as well! I loved FF9 too. It really grabbed you right from the start. It's too bad so many people were turned off by it simply because it used anime-style chracters. FF10, again, great story. It was too linear though. FF11, the onlne game, never played it. FF12 felt a lot like an onlne game. The story wasn't as good as previous games, but it was still pretty good. The game-play was great! FF13 & FF13-2 were really good also, but FF7, 8, and 9 will always feel like the best to me.

Started in 2001 when I would see the FF7 commercials all over TV, I decided that I wanted to play the game so I traded my Street Fighter Alpha game for it.

Best trade I ever made. That game introduced me to the wonderful world of RPGs.

From there I went on to many other types of RPGs including other incarnations of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

I first fell in love with Final Fantasy when I was very small. My friends, who lived next door to me, got me hooked on the original Final Fantasy. I would borrow their NES cartridge and play it for hours. Sadly, they always wanted it back. After that, I would rent Final Fantasy VI, which I knew as Final Fantasy III as most Americans did, for a local video store. I spent way too much money on that game. I convincened my partents to buy me a PS1 just to play Final Fantasy VII. I have bought every one since then, excluding XI because I never saw the appeal.

I had played some of the games before, but never long enough to get a real idea of how good they were. Then I got sick one time back in 2002 didn't have much to do except play games and watch tv. Anyway a buddy lent me a copy of Final Fantasy X and I really got into it, been hooked ever since.

Edited by RevelentDark

• 2 weeks later...

I got into Final Fantasy thanks to my husband. I met him when I was 13 years old and as we got to know each other, I realised just how enthusiastic he was about the series. I had only seen clips and glimpses of the games due to coming from such a poor background, however, over time I was able to afford a few of the games and as I played, I fell in love with their stories/characters/music... everything. It was very hard to afford them at the time but I'm so glad that I did because now I can't imagine my life without the games. Sounds corny - but it ended up being a big part of my life.

Edited by Aeris

A friend used to talk to me about this awesome game called Final Fantasy VII. Then, like a year after that, I was like: "What was that game again? I think it was Final Fantasy VIII". So I bought VIII, and I got hooked. Ha, I like it better than VII, although IX is my favorite.

I got into Final Fantasy thanks to my husband. I met him when I was 13 years old and as we got to know each other, I realised just how enthusiastic he was about the series. I had only seen clips and glimpses of the games due to coming from such a poor background, however, over time I was able to afford a few of the games and as I played, I fell in love with their stories/characters/music... everything. It was very hard to afford them at the time but I'm so glad that I did because now I can't imagine my life without the games. Sounds corny - but it ended up being a big part of my life.

Wow. You know your husband since you're 13? I'm sure you have quite the story there. But I guess that's off topic.

And it doesn't sound corny at all what you say. I think many fans would say the same, me included.