How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had, at one point, borrowed Final Fantasy X from a friend. This is after I finished Kingdom Hearts, mind you, and the gameplay was a bit stiff to me. I lucked my way through the game up to Kilika, where that big plant monster beat me. I left it alone until it was time to take it back. In case you're wondering, my friend borrowed Tekken 5 off of me, and SCRATCHED IT D:<

So about 2 years go by, and i'm pretty bored with my library of PS2 games. I see FFX down at my local used game shop, and I think "hey, why not." I liked it so much I bought the sequel, before I even got halfway through the game!

I'm now planning to net myself a copy of VIII on eBay.

A friend of mine showed FF7 to me when I went around to his house to play. Another of my friends said he and his brother cried during one of the scenes. I went to the store and saw it could be got for free as a playstation package deal so I did. One of the best games I ever played, fortunately I was not a softie like my friend so I didn't cry when you-know-who gets stabbed.

On a side note, the first time I played the game was when I didn't know Roman numerals very well, I got 13(XIII) mixed up with 8 (VIII) so I ended up calling Red-Thirteen as Red-Eight until last year when I finally noticed the difference.

I still call him Red-8, because Red-8 sounds sooooooo much cooler than Red-13 and rolls off the tongue much easier too lol. The last time I played FF7 I went to the trouble of changing his name when he joins me to Red-8 lol

well my FF adventure started when my mum brought in a box of old ps1 games that she thought i could have a dig through and see if i liked anything. i picked up ff7 (and not realizing what i was getting myself into ;D) and decided to give it a try. i took it as a joke, gave them retarded names and just casually played it.. and enjoyed it. so i restarted the game with their normal names and.. yeah.. havent stopped loving FF since :D shortly after playing ff7 for maybe a few months i got ff10. thats where it seriously picked up and became addiction! ♥