Eragon The Movie

shinji

Oh, please. The only bad parts (From my point of view) were the tactics, the fight scenes, and the dragon's appearance. I mean, what PROPER dragon has scales AND feathers and fur? In my opinion (and every myth/legend/folktale I've read/heard about), dragons are cold-blooded, bat-winged REPTILES! NOT warm-blooded, birdish-winged mammals. Jeesus, it's like they couldn't decide on what to create: warm-blooded mammal, or cold-blooded reptile.

Interpretation of "proper" dragons is subjective. A reptile may be the most common and what first comes to mind when one thinks of a dragon, but since they are mythological creatures, I don't think there are any specific guidelines one has to follow in creating a creature and labelling it a dragon. Fantasy is fantasy, and the further your imagination can take you, the better. ;)

Never saw the movie, never read the book, never thought about the game. Have no interest in interacting with any of these things, but I just like to type.

I saw it.

IT IS THE MOST PREDICTIBLE MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN

I'm not gonna put any spoilers, but any idiot could have written this. And the worst part is that they used modern language, like "shut up" and stuff like that.

At multiple parts i thought of what they were gonna say next... and i might be a word off.

I shouldnt be able to do that

It wasnt a wast of money, cause i got in for free, but its an expierence that i wouldnt sit thruogh again.

Plus the ending is set up for a sequel

I never read the books, and could predict plot-lines. I wouldn't want to spoil the film, but my friend who read it was convinved I had to when I kept going "I'm guessing he #####"

Other than that, I thought it was good? The people I know who have read it were extremely disappointed, saying little niches like the dragons voice etc, bothered them greatly.

When I heard there was going to be an Eragon movie coming out, I was completely disgusted. My first thought was, 'How the heck are they going to make that into a movie successfully?' So I haven't had the slightest initiative to go see it. I guess I was right, by the way you guys responded. I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

by god you are lucky cucumber.

there were SOME good parts to the movie .. and the ending scene was pretty cool (had something that the book didn't have) but ergh. couldn't they have picked a better director/producer!? >_<

@New001 : yeah there's gonna be a sequel ... welll it's a trilogy. lol

one thing i hated, is that it strayed FAR too off from the book ... and it felt rushed.

• 3 weeks later...
the ending is set up for a sequel
well there are two other books, so thats kinda why.

Ive read the books, and was like w00t! when i heard about the film lol, but i was a bit gutted when i went to see it. I think they could have done alot more with it :( The only thing i didnt like about the dragon was her wings, they did look abit odd, but other than that, she was cool. Just abit disapointed with the rest of it lol.

that movie sucked major @$$. The book was really good, the movie sucked!

There was no character developement AT ALL! It was like, "Hey, I'm Eragon." "Hi, I'm Brom." "Yo, I'm Murtahg." "Hey look, a dragon!" EXPLOSION! *crappy sets* "Hey, what should we do now? Oh wait, brom's dead." *cheesy costumes!* BIGGER EXPLOSION!!!!!

"SEE THE NEXT MOVIE!"

There are two reasons the movie sucked. The first is that they took a 500 page book and turned it into an hour and half kids movie. There was soooooooo much missing. The second reason it sucked was because the director was a first-timer. He used to be a special effects guy and this was his first movie.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmm... well, the book is pretty much one of my favorite books. it was a great book and I loved how it was.

The movie...compared to the book was really horrible. I mean really. It wasn't true to the book at all. I liked how Saphira looked and her voice over is an awesome actress. She did a great job with her. Murtagh most definitely should've had a bigger part in this movie. I didn't like how Arya didn't have pointed ears but I did like the actress. And I absolutely loved how Brom was in the movie. the actor did a great job and I'm actually glad he's not some old ass with long white hair and beard.

Basically if you just watch the movie without thinking of the book it's not a bad little film. I mean it had some great potential to be one of the greatest films. It could've been up there with LOTR if they had gone by the book, but they didn't.

movie on it's own gets a C

based on the book it gets an F for FAILURE

book = A

those are my ratings.

I finally watched it as my sister got it. xD

I thought it was crap, nothing really happened, you never learned anything about the characters because there was no character development, and when I saw the credits I was like wtf.. its over? What happened, did I fall asleep? O.o